Thursday, December 22, 2016

James 1:2-3; Philippians 4:13; Nehemiah 8:10b - "Oceans"


Yesterday was a very trying day emotionally and mentally. Over the last few months with dealing with C I have missed doing some things that needed done with our medicine. I missed ordering Doc’s diabetes medicine when I should have. Therefore, we had to get a new prescription and do a new application for assistance. Then after getting the new prescription and filling out the new application I didn’t mail it in a timely manner. The result is he doesn’t have his medication. Urgh! Then with my MS medicine assistance I somehow missed filling out the application when I was suppose to and now they don’t have funds. I was at peace with my situation because I truly believe if I am to take it, God will provide. But yesterday when I was told my insurance wouldn’t allow my co-pay assistance to be used I became frustrated. Why after all these months would that be? Making another phone call and getting someone who didn’t speak nor understand English very well was nerve racking. I ended up crying and hanging up after forty minutes of frustration. I know James 1:2-3 tells me to be joyful in all circumstances. I also know Nehemiah 8:10b tells me that His joy is my strength. Philippians 4:13 tells me that “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.” I know all of those things. I know them. Plain and simple. I know them. BUT when the emotions of a menopausal, radiation treatment woman come into play those things get put aside. I knew I could not allow the enemy any foothold into my life. I also knew if I cried it out I would feel better so as Doc held me and allowed me to cry His strength took over. Not only did I go to church but I enjoyed it. Boy was I wiped out by the time I went to bed. This morning when I woke up at 6:30 I asked God if I could have just another half hour of sleep and He gave me another hour and a half! Nine and half hours of sleep can do wonders for not only a physical body but also the mental and emotional body! Today is a new day! Neither of our medication issues are resolved but God’s got both of these situations. Maybe this is the time for us to be healed from these diseases and be done with medication. Or maybe God just needed to deepen my trust in Him. I have no idea but I don’t need to know. He knows and that’s all that matters. I do know He blessed me with a letter in the mailbox yesterday saying all of my hospital bills will be covered at 100% through the first of June and for that I am thankful.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for blessing me with a good night’s sleep! Thank You for the day that is ahead! Lord, bless me in abundance with more of You so people will see and hear You through me today. I pray for a filling into my spirit of Your words, action and attitude today. Thank You for being The One I Trust. Amen.

No comments: