Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Luke 1:29; 2:19 - "Sweet, Sweet Spirit"


I felt the presence of the Lord as I lay snuggled under the warm blankets this morning and prayed. The old song "Sweet, Sweet Spirit" came to my mind. It was one of those warm, fuzzy moments of life. I remember singing this one in church as a young teen. Wow, God! I love when this type of memory comes back to me! But this morning I wasn't in 'church' but yet I was in 'church' because 'church' does not have to be a building. 'Church' is where we meet to worship Him. I know Doc was still sound asleep as I was praying but there were two of us gathered and "There's a sweet, sweet spirit in this place...." Oh my goodness! I truly can say I could "feel the presence of the Lord"! I love how the song continues...

Sweet Holy Spirit
Sweet heavenly dove
Stay right here with us
Filling us with your love
And for these blessings
We lift our hearts in praise
Without out a doubt we'll know
That we have been revived
When we shall leave this place


The most exciting part of the morning was when the Lord reminded me that I never have to leave His presence! I live in His presence 24/7. I have found that is where true peace is found. It is also where I feel the most content in life. I don't have to make any decisions without Him. I don't have to worry about how the $2500+ medical bills will be paid. I don't have to fret over a church building. I don't have to fret over family health issues. It doesn't mean I am not concerned but instead it means I pray and give everything to Him. I loved Dr. Eddy's sermon last night in how he discussed how Christmas has different meanings for different people who are in different seasons of life. I could relate to Mary. Yesterday I was asked by a group how they could pray for me. I immediately wrote:

This is a new season of life for my husband/pastor and I. The Lord called us to South Carolina which meant we left family in Ohio. Our plan was to go back to celebrate with family after Christmas but instead I am dealing with radiation for breast cancer. Prayers appreciated for the Lord to be glorified through 'C' and for it not to be a distraction! Blessings...

I anticipated Thanksgiving Day was going to be a day of crying over not being with family. But instead we made some memories of doing some new things...'firsts' on this adventure He has us on. It does not mean I didn't miss things such as making ornaments with my grand babies, getting hugs from everyone, etc. But it means I was at peace with where the Lord has us. When I first found out we couldn't go to Ohio, I was devastated and cried. Dr. Eddy reminded me last night of how Mary reacted to her situation. In the first chapter of Luke Mary was described as being "troubled" and she "wondered" but then in the second chapter she "treasured" and "pondered." When I first was told they found cancer in my breast, I was devastated. It was as if I couldn't believe it. I remember saying, "But you told me Wednesday there wasn't any cancer..." The doctor's reply was something along the lines of "pathology showed different." Those words changed my life. They changed my physical life by having the testing, surgeries and treatment that follow. They changed my emotional life by causing hurt that I could not go to Ohio for Thanksgiving and because I had to tell my family I was joining the C club in the family. They changed my spiritual life by taking me deeper in my walk with the Lord. I was "troubled" and "wondered" about the future. Now I "treasure" and "pondered" what the Lord is doing in and for me. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the safe travels last night to the Pastor's Christmas dinner. Thank You for new friends who enabled me to not feel alone in the large group of people. Lord, I pray for whatever/whoever was involved in the bad accident as we were trying to leave town. I also pray for the ones involved in the two other accidents we saw on the way. Would You please also wrap Your arms around the family who lost a dear mother/grandmother/sister/friend last night? My heart breaks for them and oh how I wish we were there to minister to them. Since we are not I pray You will put people in their path to love on them through these tough days. I also pray for my Momma and her health along with other family members who are going through tough days in their physical bodies. I pray they will have an enlightening in their spiritual bodies through these times. Once again I want to thank You for Your presence in my life. Thank You for showing me how You have been with me every step of the way with C. I know You are the only reason I am where I am today. Thank You for being My Sweet Holy Spirit! Amen.

No comments: