Tuesday, December 13, 2016

John 14:27; 30-31 - "Blessings"


What a blessing to sit and listen to the Lord speak through Dan Bohi last night. At the end of the service to hear of sciatic pain gone, double vision gone, people able to take deep breathes for the first time in weeks, neck and back pain gone....wow...God sure showed up last night. I totally agree with Brother Dan that needs to be our normal. We don't need fancy sermons but instead need to have pastors to allow the Holy Spirit to guide the services. We need people to be consecrated to Him so when the Holy Spirit guides, they follow His lead. The Peace Brother Dan spoke of last night is the Peace I have. Living in the supernatural is where I live. If I were still living in the natural, I would be fretting over C and everything that goes along with it. I would be fretting over Doc not having extra income. I would be fretting over the church finances as we pursue the purchase of a building. I would be fretting over not seeing my family. I would be fretting over loved ones health. But instead I live out John 14:27. As Brother Dan said last night, we have a choice to make between living a life of fear or living a life of faith and love. Living a life of fear is living a life in the natural. Living a life of faith and love is living a life in the supernatural. Woo hoo! Living in the supernatural means things like what happened yesterday after my treatment. During my treatment the Lord told me to pray with the technicians. They are busy getting ready for the next patient so I could have argued about it but I didn't. When I asked the one, she said something about how she doesn't pray but the other one does and she called her. There was no answer. Finally, she gave me the ok to go ahead and pray with her which I did and she thanked me. As I was leaving the other one came around the corner and I asked if I could pray with her. She dropped her papers and said 'YES!' After I prayed she cried, hugged me and thanked me over and over. I don't know exactly what I said because it wasn't me but instead was the Holy Spirit praying. In the natural life the enemy would have put thoughts of 'they are too busy' or 'they will think you are a religious fanatic,' etc. into my mind. But the enemy does not live in me. He has no power over me because I am full of Jesus. I loved what Brother Dan said last night about the key to satan having nothing on you is when we are completely crucified to Christ and He is our dwelling place. Satan tries everything he can to pull us out of relationship with Christ. Too many times we give him credit for things we think he is doing in our lives. We must not do that. In verses thirty and thirty-one of John 14 Jesus said: I will not speak much more with you, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has nothing in Me, but so that the world may know that I love the Father, do exactly as the Father commanded Me. Get up, let us go from here. Jesus quit talking because satan was going to hear what He was telling them. We never know where the enemy is prowling around. We must be careful to not give him any doors into our life. But this is what really hit me last night...when we are crucified to Christ and He is our dwelling place, the enemy will leave us alone. Now this is something I need to ponder. I know many times I have given the enemy credit for 'tough times.' I also know the Lord allows 'tough times' to grow our faith. As I reflect back on C...

  • there were times I cried over situations such as not getting to go to Ohio for Thanksgiving but I did not live in a state of depression over it
  • as the bills come in for thousands of dollars I have not fretted over where the money will come from because I know the Lord will provide
  • I now realize Doc not getting a part-time job was all part of the Lord's plan because of what we continue to go through
  • God brought us here so that I am fifteen minutes away from one of the best cancer centers in the nation
  • I asked to go deeper and that is where He is leading me
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for treatment #4 going well yesterday but most importantly thank You for the direction to pray with my technicians. Thank You for the pleasant memories You gave me as I made the holiday cakes. Thank You for the safe travels through the fog. I also want to thank You for today. I know what is on the calendar but I am ready to do whatever You put before me. I pray a blessing over #5, the Christmas outreach at the school this afternoon and the service tonight with Brother Dan. Lord, I also pray for those who were in the service last night to grasp a life of True Peace. I pray for those who received healing to proclaim it today! Lord, Your will and Your way is the path I desire to be on throughout this day. Fill me to overflowing with more of You so Your love flows from me throughout this day. Thank You Jesus for being My Peace. Amen.


No comments: