Friday, December 23, 2016

James 3:13-18 - "Love Came Down"


I woke this morning to these words going through my mind...

Love came down and rescued me
Love came down and set me free
I am Yours
Lord I'm forever Yours
Mountains high or valley low
I sing out and remind my soul
I am Yours
I am forever Yours


What a great reminder for not just myself but for all. No matter what we go through in life, He is our constant when we allow Him to take up residence in us. We can't just give Him part of us but we must give Him all with no holding back. There's a part in this song that I believe the Lord knew would enable me to not only just get through this first Christmas away from my family but to enjoy it....

If the storms of life they come
And the road ahead gets steep
I will lift these hands in faith
I will believe


In my mind, I know I am exactly where the Lord desires me to be. I know I am doing what He desires of me. It does not have to make sense to me but it still is hard to be separated from my family. This isn't a 'storm of life' but it is a road that is 'steep' in my life right now. C is a 'storm' and MS is a 'storm' but praise the Lord He is my strength in such storms. He also is my strength when my emotions get the better of me and the tears come. My faith has deepened through the storms and through this move. I not only have faith in Him knowing the best life for me but I have hope in my future.

When my heart is filled with hope
Every promise comes my way
When I feel Your hands of grace
Rest upon me

I also know the only way to be where He desires me to be is to live consecrated to Him. I must be able to say that I am "Staying desperate for You, God" and "Staying humble at Your feet" in order to live in His presence. It is in His presence that His peace is found. It is in His presence that He will bless me in abundance in so many ways. It is in His presence that He will give me His wisdom for all I do. James 3 talks about wisdom as being a gift from the Lord. In his first chapter James told us that we must ask for wisdom. In order to ask for wisdom we must be in relationship with Him with an active prayer life. We must be dependent upon Him for every aspect of our life. In 3:13 it reads, "Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." Wisdom, true wisdom, is only attainable through a humble spirit. It is not something we can attain through ourself but rather must come from God. False wisdom may make people 'feel good' but it cannot come from God. It takes a life of faith to live out true wisdom. I like how one commentator wrote about it. "True wisdom can be had only by people who live in active reliance on God." Woo hoo! 'Active reliance!' I like that way of living even when it doesn't make sense to others.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love! Thank You for coming to this earth in the form of a tiny babe in order to die on the cross for all! Lord, I pray You will be my wisdom in a mighty way today. I pray You will be my words, actions and attitude throughout this day in a mighty way. Fill me to overflowing with more of You! Fill my cup to overflowing in order for people to see and hear You through me! Thank You for being My Wisdom! Amen.


No comments: