Friday, December 9, 2016

Galatians 5:22-23 - "Bring The Rain"

I love how the Lord works! Last night when I couldn't go to sleep He had me pondering on the themes of Advent...hope, peace, joy and love. This year as I planned music for worship around these themes the Lord has taken me down a road different than in year's past. I am seeing things differently because of where I am in my spiritual walk. The time of expectation has taken on a different look for me. I expect to hear His voice each and every day instead of just expecting to see Him work in one way or another in life. I expect Him to give me His hope, peace, joy and love in all circumstances that come my way. I expect Him to show through in my words, actions and attitude throughout every day. As I was thinking about Advent He reminded me of the fruit of the Spirit. The only way to have the fruit of the Spirit flow through you is to have the Spirit in you. I no longer get frustrated with people who say they have the Holy Spirit yet clearly are not filled with Him. Instead I pray even harder for them. There are just so many people in this world who pretend they are right with God instead of living in His presence where His hope, peace, joy and love is in abundance. It's 'funny' how He woke me up with "Bring The Rain" this morning. I can so relate to this song. Yesterday when I heard the words "there is no more funding" for the organization who assists me with my $50,000/year medicine I was at peace. I don't know how the Lord will take care of this financial issue but He does and that is all that matters. I do not have to fret over it and cry. One way or another He will take care of it along with all of the doctor bills that are accumulating with C.

I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise You with all that I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You
Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray

It can be hard as one goes through trials of life but when one allows the Lord to be in control it makes tough times easier to handle. There is freedom in surrender to Him. The part in the song that says "Bring me joy...peace...the chance to be free...anything that brings You glory" it what it's all about. The more 'rain' we have in life, the more praise we will give to Him when we are living a life of holiness.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for yesterday! Thank You for #2 going well! Thank You for everything accomplished throughout the day! Thank You for today! Thank You for #3 that will go well! Thank You for opportunities You will give me to be You to others! Lord, my heart breaks for believers who have not got to the point of full surrender. Oh how I pray for them. 'Whatever it takes' use to be a hard prayer to pray but not anymore. I have seen miracles happen through deaths, cancer, etc. 'Whatever it takes' Lord to get people to come into relationship with You or to go into a sanctified relationship is what I pray. Father, I pray for physical, mental and emotional strength as I had less than six hours of sleep. Most of all I pray for spiritual strength as I want to be filled with more of You to be a beacon of light in this dark world. Lord, I pray for two who have or are undergoing medical testing. Lord, may I please cross paths with them again so I can pray with them again? Thank You Jesus for My Rain Maker. Amen.

No comments: