Sunday, December 11, 2016

John 3:16; Galatians 5:26-24 - "Offering"


Saturdays are spent preparing for Sundays. That doesn't mean just in the sense of going over music, lessons or sermons a final time but most importantly it means praying for the day. Those prayers include praying for the Holy Spirit to be in control of all, people to be ready for what the Lord has for them and to respond and for us to be prepared to not be distracted by 'stuff' but instead to be open to the Holy Spirit's leading. I was so blessed when the Lord woke me several times during the night to the song "Offering"...

I bring an offering
Of worship to my King
No one on earth deserves
The praises that I sing

I especially love the rendition Casting Crowns did for Christmas. They included this verse....

Over the skies of Bethlehem appeared a star
While angels sang to lowly shepherds
Three wisemen seeking truth, they traveled from afar
Hoping to find the Child from Heaven falling on their knees
They bow before the humble Prince of peace

The wisemen brought gifts to the Baby Jesus that were worth lots of money. Jesus wants the offering of ourselves more than He wants gifts of money. He desires all to bow before Him and proclaim Him as their King of Kings and Lord of Lords. He desires all to be in relationship with Him. He desires all to surrender to Him to the point we not only hear His voice but we listen and follow His will. Jesus came to this earth for one purpose and that was to die for all. Personally I do not want His birth and death to go for naught. I desire to live a life He is pleased with and one that will give me eternity with Him. My heart breaks for believers who I see pulling away from Him instead of running to Him. It is amazing how much my prayer life has changed over these last couple of years. I used to pray more for those who have never accepted Him than I did for those who had accepted Him yet were not living for Him. Now there are more prayers for the later. His word is very clear on how we are to live. We are told in John 3:16, For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life. But we are not to stop by just believing. We need to continue on down the road of living a holy life. Galatians 5:16-24 reads, But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh. For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law. Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Sometimes after one believes they tend to think they are 'OK' in their relationship with Him but in fact they are not. He desires all of us not just the part(s) we want to give Him. His desire is to have full reign over every aspect of our being. That includes not just our checkbook but our calendar, our family, our occupation...everything! Oh how I pray for more believers to live in this manner. When they give Him their all, then they will be filled with all of the fruit of the Spirit. A believer can have part of the fruit but without the Holy Spirit in control they cannot fully experience all of the fruit of the Spirit. The same can be said about their worship. A believer can worship and be blessed. They can even be a blessing to God. But until they are living a holy life they cannot experience true worship. It all comes back to living a holy life in order to live the life He desires of us.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for yesterday, today and tomorrow! Thank You for being the One I worship! Thank You for those who will be in a worship service today! I pray more will surrender to You in order to truly live for You. I pray for those who will be in a worship service and come into relationship with You for the very first time. Oh Father, how I pray for those who have given up going to worship to find their way back today. Father, I also pray You will bless me today as I teach Sunday School and lead worship. Please show Yourself through all of my attitude, actions and words. I pray against distractions that will try to pull me from what You have called me to do. Father, thank You for being My King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Amen.

No comments: