Thursday, December 29, 2016

James 4:3 - "Exhale"

As I starting reading James 4 the Lord stopped me to ponder the third verse. I know my asking has changed drastically. I use to ask for such things as, "Lord, please don't let there be cancer in the outcome of this biopsy." Now my prayers have changed to, "Lord, be glorified in whatever the outcome of this biopsy is." I still catch myself praying things such as, "Lord please don't let me have to take chemo or radiation." It was after praying those words that the Lord checked me and I changed to, "Lord please give me Your supernatural strength to do whatever is ahead. May You be glorified." It is not possible in the physical or emotional bodies to pray in this way. But it is possible when we allow the Holy Spirit free reign in our lives. Yes, there are still times where emotions come into play and the tears fall. But He is holding us in His hands and encouraging us through such times. There are times we feel like we can't go on and He reminds us we don't have to go on in our own strength but rather have His supernatural strength. 

The fourth chapter of James is one that encourages us to live holy lives. Everyone needs to examine their way of life, evaluate it by God's standards, make changes and become people to live a grace-reliant life. We cannot do this evaluation according to the world's standards but instead it must be done in God's standards. We must ask ourselves if the way we are living is the way He desires of us. Are we praying selfishly or are we praying eternally? Are there things we are doing in life that do not please the Lord? Are we able to hear His Voice? If so, are we following His commands? Do we rely on Him, trusting Him to take care of all our needs or do we fret over finances? I like the words of Douglas Webster. "Grace-reliant is the most far-reaching, life-changing, radical stance we need to learn to rely on God." Woo hoo! Yes! We must be humble before Him in order to live such a life. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for yesterday! Thank You for today! Thank You for tomorrow! I know no matter what comes my way I am in Your hands. I praise You for being here with me through these days. I praise You for being my supernatural strength. I praise You for loving me so greatly. Lord, You are so awesome. I want to be more like You. The only way that can happen is for You to fill me up with more of You so people will see and hear You instead of me. Thank You for being The One I Rely On. Amen.


No comments: