Wednesday, December 28, 2016

James 4:13-15 - "Break Every Chain"


As I read James 4 this morning I was reminded of how my life use to be before I surrendered everything to Him. Verses thirteen through fifteen remind me of how I use to be bound to my lists. I had lists for my lists. It was the way I thought I would be able to survive in such a chaotic world. In order to accomplish everything that 'needed done' I had to have my list to go by. I am so thankful for the day the Lord told me to get rid of my lists and follow His lead. I never thought I could live without a list but soon found out the freedom in such a life. He gives me the direction each and every day to do what He desires of me. The key in living such a life is staying in His presence. If I am not living in His presence, I cannot hear and/or desire to follow His lead. I don't want to be "just a vapor..." as in verse fourteen but instead want to be a constant as He is in my life. I want to be something that people will know will be there and they can depend upon just as He is in my life. Oh how I pray for more believers and non-believers to come into such relationship. It is only when one does that true freedom is found. I have heard many people say, "I don't have time to go to church" or "I will go to church when I get my life straightened out." But when one goes to church and sees the love of Jesus being lived out in people, they will desire the same. Not everyone in church though is living out His love. Not only is that sad for them but it is sad for those who come seeking His love. Once again I pray for people to truly live out Jesus' love.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders of James 4. Thank You for the freedom You gave me from lists. Lord, You are so awesome in how You work in and through me. Father, fill me to overflowing with more of You so I will continue to say follow Your will for my life. I pray for more of You to empower my words, actions and attitude today. Father, thank You for using me yesterday with the one in pain. I pray she will trust You in a deeper degree. I pray for her healing not only in her physical body but most importantly in her spiritual body. Father, thank You for the opportunities You are giving me through C. Thank You for being My Freedom. Amen.

No comments: