Wednesday, December 21, 2016

James 2:14-26 - "Be One"


As I was reading the second section of James 2 this morning I thought about how many times I've told people "I will pray for you" instead of stopping and praying with them right then. It wasn't a lack of faith that made me do it but rather it was usually a time issue. I have tried being more intentional in having action and not just words when it comes to being with people and praying. Personally, I know when people pray with me I am blessed in abundance. I don't remember ever reading in the Bible where Jesus said, "I will pray for you" but instead he acted upon situations. As I live to be Christ-like I need to do the same. I need to take time for people and live out the desires of the Lord's heart. This does not only pertain to my prayer life but to helping those in need. If someone needs something and I don't have the means to provide it, I need to listen to the Lord as to how to get it for them. When I seek Him with faith that He will provide, He will if it is a true need. Many times people are deceiving in asking for things. We can't always knows their hearts but the Lord does. Therefore, if we seek Him in every situation He will give us the answer as to if or how to provide something. 

Dear Jesus, 
Thank You for the faith You have instilled in me. Thank You for the relationship we are in that allows me to know the desires of Your heart. Father, I pray for focus today. I pray for Your will to be known to me in a greater way so I don't miss anything from You. Thank You for yesterday. Thank You for today. Thank You for tomorrow. Lord, continue to encourage me through these days. Continue to give me more of You so I can be a reflection of You to all who come in contact with me. I pray they will see and hear You through me. Lord, bless me in abundance as I bless You throughout this day. Thank You for being My Faith! Amen.

No comments: