Friday, December 30, 2016

James 1:2-3 - "Jesus Bring The Rain"


3:19AM...God woke me up to pray for a single Mom and her little boy for protection. I got the sense it wasn't for a personal protection but rather for a spiritual one. As I prayed He told me to tell her that her life will be easier when she draws closer to Him. I have not seen nor talked with this young lady for a long time. I don't know how she will take these words but I will be obedient. As soon as I finished praying for her He brought another family to my mind to pray for that are going through some very difficult times. As I prayed for them a song He gave me yesterday came to me and I was amazed at how He speaks to me. The words to this song are ones many can't sing because they are not in a relationship with Him to allow it.

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain

The freedom found in living a life of holiness can compare to nothing one can ever experienced without it. The desire to live for Him 'no matter what that means' is a desire that will bring pain and suffering. It won't matter what happens as long as it brings Him glory. Yesterday as I stood in line for a prescription I had a conversation with a lady that blessed me dearly. She saw my Scripture scarf which sparked up a conversation. Here she was with her oxygen and she was praising the Lord. She said she didn't know how people 'do life' without Him. I agreed and told her He has been my strength for the last twenty-two years as I battled MS and is now my strength with C. She asked how C was going for me. I told her I had just left a radiation treatment and things were good. She looked at me and said I was beautiful. I will never forget 'Norma' as she asked my name and told me she would pray for me. I may never see that sweet lady again but I know she is sending prayers up on my behalf. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for yesterday's conversation with Norma. I pray blessings over her. I also pray again for the young mother and family You brought to me during the night. Father, sometimes I am amazed at how You use me but I am grateful You wake me to pray. Some people would say there is no point to praying because You already know everything. I pray because You tell me to. It is a way I communicate with You that benefits me greatly. Prayer draws me closer to You Lord and for that I am grateful. Lord You already know this but "bring the rain"...whatever that means as long as it glorifies You. I also pray for my brother as he goes through testing with his C today. Lord, draw Him closer to You through these days. I pray for non-believing family members to find You through his suffering. Thank You Jesus for being My Rainmaker. Amen.

No comments: