Saturday, December 10, 2016

Matthew 10:34; I Peter 1:16b - "Grown-up Christmas Wish"

There just seems to be so much going on these days. Policemen being shot, drunk drivers taking the lives of innocent people, child abductors, people getting arrested for nasty crimes (some guilty/some innocent), murders, etc. The list goes on and on. Why? Because this world needs Jesus. I am reminded of the words to "Grown-up Christmas Wish" this morning as I pray for so many people. Some are hurting from acts of their own, some from acts of others.

So here's my lifelong wish,
My grown-up Christmas list,
Not for myself, but for a world in need:
No more lives torn apart,
Then wars would never start,
And time would heal all hearts.
And every one would have a friend,
And right would always win,
And love would never end
This is my grown-up Christmas list.


As I read Matthew 10 I stopped at verse thirty-four and pondered. Why would God not want peace on this earth? What does it mean that he sends "a sword"? If everything was perfect we would not need Him. If we had money to pay all our bills, we would not need to depend upon Him. If there were never conflict in our lives, we would never seek Him. God wants to give us eternal peace, not temporal peace. The only way to have eternal peace is to live a life of holiness for Him. Yes, there are still troubles when living such a life. Perhaps even more troubles because the enemy does not like when Christ wins ground in our lives. Persecution will come, even from family and friends when one lives a life of holiness. People will question and ridicule for decisions made by those who listen to the Lord. But the most important thing to remember through troubles times, people no longer being in contact with you, financial woes is that this world is not our home. Heaven is what life is all about! Those who believe in Him yet are not sold-out to living in His presence may be surprised when the end of time on this earth comes and they are not spending eternity with Him. In I Peter 1:16 Christ's words are "Be holy, as I am holy" (I Peter 1:16b). Living a life of holiness means living a life with Him for eternity. He will give us the strength to persevere through the trials of life on this earth. We will be blessed with eternal life as we accept His strength and guidance. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for yesterday's treatment going well and the time of rest You provided afterward! Thank You for the way You will direct my path throughout this day! Thank You for desserts being made for tomorrow night's dinner, supper in the crockpot for tonight and the day that is ahead. Lord, I know I have many things 'I' want to accomplish but please do not let me get distracted from hearing Your voice. Fill me to overflowing with more of You so everyone will see or hear You through me today. Father, my heart breaks for so many who are going through tough times but most of all it breaks for those who are giving into the ways of the world instead of hearing and following Your voice. I am praying this morning "on earth as it is in heaven..." Thank You Father for being My Eternal Father. Amen.

No comments: