Sunday, December 25, 2016

Isaiah 55:8-9 - "Happy Birthday Jesus"


I woke up so many times during the night. One time I chuckled and thought to myself 'you would think I am kid excited for Santa Claus'! One child told me yesterday they were going to bed early so Santa would come. Another told me he was going to stay up all night to see Santa. I love the way children are excited for such things. I know some people don't celebrate Santa because he isn't what Christmas is all about. But when you stop and think about it, he is. Gift giving began years ago when God sent His Son to this earth as a gift for all mankind. The wisemen brought gifts to Baby Jesus which is another example we can follow. A lot of people have got out-of-hand and spend money they don't have which is not the point. The point is to give, not to outspend others. The best gifts of all are those from the heart not from the store. Homemade goodies, gift certificates for doing chores or babysitting, etc. are the very best things of all. Giving of yourself with love is the best gift of all. This year was a year of firsts in so many ways but especially around the holidays. The first year... 

  • being away from family
  • not having extra money to buy as in the past
  • being in our own home
  • being weary but not from MS...instead from C
  • being in a warm climate for Christmas
The best part about these firsts was the peace the Lord gave me. Oh yes, there were still some tears as we watched the family gathering on glide. There were also tears as I opened up new Scripture scarves from Doc. One had "overcomer" on it with various Scripture. Another had "Nothing is impossible with God" on it. At the end of the day he told me he was surprised with how well I did throughout the day. Even though I was extremely tired in my physical body I felt the Lord with me in my emotional body. My spiritual body was definitely filled up which enabled me to accept His peace. Once again I know beyond a shadow of a doubt we are exactly where He desires us to be. Things have not gone as we would choose for them to go in different areas of life. C was not part of our plan...still not being in our own church building was not part of our plan...Doc still not having a part-time job was not part of our plan. But the key is 'our plan'! Our plan is not what is important. God's plan is the only thing that matters. His gift of salvation and life with Him for eternity is so much greater than anything I can gift Him with. My obedience and desire to live a life for Him 24/7, fulfilling the opportunities He gives me to be His love to others is the greatest gift I can give Him. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for coming to this earth just to die for all mankind. Thank You for the peace You gave me yesterday. Thank You for my Momma sharing with me about Miss Clementine looking for 'Grandma Sheila and Papa Doc'! She was afraid it would make me cry but instead it gave me joy in knowing she has not forgotten us. Father, would You please make it possible for a trip to share Christmas with them after my treatments are done? Lord, would You also make it possible for people to see and hear You through me today? Would You take away the distraction of weariness so I will not miss any opportunity to be You to others? Would You give me what I need in my physical body in order to accomplish what You desire through me? It seems like I am asking a lot but Father most of all I just want to fulfill the desires of Your heart. Thank You for being My Fulfillment! Amen.

No comments: