Tuesday, December 20, 2016

James 2:1 - "Fix My Eyes"


As I read the first section of James 2 this morning I reflected upon the people I have invited to church since we've been in South Carolina. Doctors, nurses, cashiers, waitresses/waiters along with people on the street. This past Sunday I invited a man riding his bicycle when we went to pick up the mail at the post office. This section of Scripture directs us not to show favoritism on who we share the Lord with. I don't hold back no matter what the circumstances. Instead I invite anyone the Holy Spirit directs me to invite. Everyone needs the Lord. There are no exceptions. There are even people who go to church every Sunday that need the Lord. Some are in a church with a pastor that does not preach the Truth. Others may be in a situation where there is a distraction of some sort that makes them be unable to hear the Truth. If the Holy Spirit directs me to invite someone to church, there is a reason. Once people come into a church they must feel accepted by all. Sometimes a body of believers is not all that acceptable to new people. That is sad. I was told of one church not long ago who purchased a smaller building because they wanted their group to be comfortable just as they are, with no growth. Wow! I cannot even imagine having that mindset! Another church is not having services on Sunday because it is Christmas! What?!?!?!? Isn't Christ what Christmas is all about?!?!?!? I can't imagine not being in church on Christmas. Churches should be packed for services as we celebrate the Lord's birth. They should be packed every Lord's Day but especially on Christmas. Instead people will choose to stay home for 'family time' when in fact the whole family should be in worship. Some will use the excuse the children want to play with their new toys. To them I would say new toys are not going to provide eternal life. Some will say they have to stay home to make Christmas dinner. Nobody will starve if dinner is later in the day. Excuses are used every week as to why one can't go to church, read their Bible, pray, etc. Excuses are just that... excuses. There is no excuse we can give the Lord for not sharing His love with others by inviting them to church, loving on them, making them feel special, etc. None. Jesus came to this earth to die for all. It is everyone's responsibility to believe in Him and to share His love with everyone we come in contact with. If we don't fulfill those responsibilities, we are not fulfilling the desires of His heart.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all of the opportunities You provide for me to share Your love with others. I pray You will keep my focus on You so I do not miss any opportunity. Father, thank You for the rest yesterday that I so needed after the full day Sunday. Thank You for the way You loved on me as I rested. Thank You for the opportunities today to be You to others. Go before me and give me Your words and actions. Fill me to overflowing with more of You so there is no doubt I am a beacon of light for You. I pray for Your love to ooze out of me in a mighty way. Father, "fix my eyes" on You! Thank You for being My Focus. Amen.

No comments: