Saturday, December 24, 2016

James 4:10 - "Blessings"


I love how the Lord is using me in ways twenty years ago would not have been possible. Writing what He gives me nearly every morning blesses me in abundance. Wisdom is gained as I reflect on songs He gives me, directs me to specific Scripture, etc. This morning I was blessed when I saw the different countries that represent people who are reading my blog. Not only people from the United States but also: Russia, France, Germany, Poland, United Kingdom, Ukraine, Portugal, China, India and Kenya. I got to thinking about how many of these people maybe only have a glimpse of the Lord through what I write. I wonder how many of them do not even own their own Bible. Thank You Jesus for this opportunity to share You with others. I probably will never know the stories behind those who read what I write but I know if they accept the Lord and live for Him they will receive eternal life. The other day I was talking with someone who was saying someone they knew was getting their affairs in order as they battled disease. I pray for everyone to do that with their spiritual lives, not just those who appear to be dying. I pray for people to realize we all need God to not only be Lord of Lords but to be King of Kings in our lives. We all need to not only accept Him into our heart but to submit to His will. Submitting to His will is why we are in South Carolina. Listening to His call and following the doors He opened is why we left Ohio. My heart aches to not be with my family today but He gives peace in knowing I am exactly where He desires me to be. Someone recently asked me why He would cause me so much pain by taking me away from family. My response was, "He loves me." Plain and simple. He loves me. He desires the best for me. The pain I experience being away from family is nothing compared to what Jesus experienced when He came to this earth to die for all of our sins. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for continuing to deepen my faith! Thank You for being with me today in a mighty way! I pray blessings over each one who reads this. I pray You will bless them in abundance with spiritual blessings. I also pray for Adam today as he celebrates his thirty-seventh birthday. I pray blessings over him and Rachel in a mighty way. I pray blessings over those in my family who will gather today at my Momma's house. Lord, thank You for Your peace that wraps around me today. Thank You for Your love that will ooze out of me to all I meet. Bless all who come for our time of Family Communion today. May they see and hear You through my words, actions and attitude. Thank You Jesus for being the One to Bless Me. Amen.

No comments: