Thursday, December 15, 2016

James 1:22 - "One Thing Remains"


I love mornings when I wake up early and snuggle in the warm bed talking to my Heavenly Daddy. I remember when I was a little girl snuggling and talking with my earthly Daddy. Of course, living on the farm that didn't happen in the mornings very often! But after he came in in the evenings we would have dinner and talk. In the summertime we would go to park to watch ballgames and in the winter we would go to whatever church was having a revival. On the weekends when my Momma was off from the hospital we would take drives. It's kind of funny to think about because that sure wouldn't be done in today's society. People are too busy, gas is too expensive and who would ever think to go for a drive just to go for a drive! Oh how I cherish these memories. Life wasn't perfect in my life. I didn't have everything I wanted and my family had their share of problems. But through it all I was blessed in abundance as I reflect back on not only the 'good' times but the 'bad' times. The Lord was always with me. I remember as a little girl being afraid of being in a bedroom by myself. I couldn't have been more than seven or eight when my last older sibling moved out. I had been use to sleeping with one or two of them until that point in life. As I laid in bed and prayed the Lord came to me in a vision. I had a big picture window in my room and He showed up there and told me something along the lines that I was not alone. That vision gave me such peace. One Sunday I remember being told to go to the preacher's office after Sunday school before going to church and wondering what I had done wrong. As I sat there and he told me he needed my help to call my older siblings about the tragedy in my family I remember him praying with me for God to be with me. I also remember leaving the church,  taking him to our house and showing him where the phone numbers were written down. He kept telling me I was being brave. I remember praying silently and asking God to help me be brave because I didn't know what to do. God once again comforted me. All of the times my Momma and my Daddy were in the hospital I would pray and ask God to not let them die until I grew up. Those prayers were answered. I remember praying for my Daddy to be taken out of his misery from cancer and that prayer was answered. As I reflect back this morning on so many memories over my life the one thing that was constant was God. Even during the time I walked away from Him He was still with me. He never gave up on me. I am one blessed lady. I think of something Doc said in his sermon a couple weeks ago. "God doesn't want us to be happy, He wants us to be holy." I don't think he meant we can't be happy when we are holy. I think he meant holiness is greater than happiness. The desire of His heart is for us to be living a life consecrated to Him. He desires to be in charge of everything we say and do. I am so grateful for the relationship I have with Him. I also am grateful for these past few days when I was physically struggling I still had His peace. I am grateful for the way He directs me. Sometimes that means I have to tune everyone else out in order to keep my focus on Him. Many do not understand when that has to happen but He is the only One I need to answer to. The Lord took me to James 1 this morning. I love to be encouraged by His word. He stopped me at verse twenty-two and blessed me in abundance as He told me, "Daughter I love you. I am proud of you. Keep up the good work of living out this verse." Wow, God! I use to beat myself up with feeling like I didn't 'do' enough. When I began living in His supernatural power those feelings were gone. I do as He commands which is always enough! Just as yesterday when I had to shut people out in order to stay focused on Him. That wasn't an easy thing to do in my flesh but I am grateful I don't have to live in my flesh but instead can live in His spirit. I also am grateful for the way He uses people to speak to me. When Gino said, "You are going home to rest now, right?" I was kind of surprised. I wondered if I looked as bad as I felt because he had never said that to me before. When I asked Doc if I looked bad and he told me I looked worn out, it was confirmation of what I needed to do.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for yesterday and the ways You spoke to me through people! Thank You for this morning as You spoke to me directly! Lord, thank You for the memories I have growing up and for the memories You are giving me throughout these days. I must say being able to prayer with Christine these last few days has been such a blessing! Oh how I pray for healing in her back. I also pray You will use me to draw her closer to You! Father, thank You for the open doors You continue to provide for me to be Your Love to others. Lord, empower me to be a beacon of light wherever You lead me! Woo hoo! I get so excited just thinking about the possibilities You are going to provide! Father, I pray for the day ahead that You will be greater than me. I pray for a supernatural anointing to be upon me. Thank You Jesus for being My Constant! Amen.

No comments: