Thursday, December 8, 2016

Luke 2:11-11; Nehemiah 8:10b - "Joy To The World/Shout For Joy"


The Lord started me praying last night for people to have His joy through this holiday season. Too many get caught up in the financial stresses of the season and allow the enemy to steal their joy. Calendars get added events due to the season and that also can steal their joy. I saw an old saying the other day that really needs remembered this time of year...
The extra events, travel, expenses, etc. do not have to steal our joy. Our focus needs to stay of the Lord in order to be who He desires of us. Being snippy in our conversations, crabby in our attitude and stressed out will not bring glory to God. Instead it will pull us down emotionally and everyone around us. If we desire for people to see Jesus in us, then we must allow Him to be in us. We do not have to do everything unless the Lord directs us to. We do not have to spend money we don't have. We do not have to spread ourselves thin physically, emotionally, financially or mentally. All we have to do is make sure our spiritual tank stays full. That may mean giving up some traditions or even things we would like to do. Our relationship with Him is much more important than a gift, party, etc. In order to experience true joy we must experience True Joy, Jesus. One must remember to put Jesus first, Others second and Yourselves third. True Joy is found in realizing one can never be content in their knowledge of Christ. True Joy is living and breathing in His presence as one not only hears His voice but follows it. True Joy is understanding what the angel said in Luke 2:10-11, "Do not be afraid, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today, in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord." Jesus was born for all of us so He could die for all of us. If there is nothing else going right in the world, that should be enough to bring joy into our hearts. This morning I am praying for...
  • many to find True Joy in their hearts today
  • those who are going through this season after losing a loved one to be able to seek the Lord for True Joy
  • those who are suffering in their physical bodies with disease and illness to seek healing in their spirits as they go through tough days
  • those who have traveling to do over this season for safe travel mercies
  • those who are alone to have someone spend time with them
  • those who are separated from loved ones such as those deployed and their families to feel His strength
There are so many in my prayers who are in relationship with Him yet they have not surrendered wholly to Him. My heart breaks to see them in such distress. I remember those days and they were not fun. I remember being snappy in my conversation and then feeling terrible afterward. I remember spending way too much money for gifts and then having to figure out how to pay for them afterward. I remember trying to fit everything into my schedule and being physically and emotionally drained. I am grateful for the Nehemiah 8:10b that tells me "The joy of the Lord is your strength." Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for yesterday with the first treatment going well. Thank You for today as the second treatment will also go well. Lord, may You shine brightly through me today. May You fill me to overflowing with more of You so people will see You when they see me. May Your words me on my lips so people hear You when they hear me. Lord, would You please do something supernatural through me today? Would You 'show off' Yourself through me today? I am so grateful for the way You have taken me deeper in my walk with You. I know there is no way I could handle everything going on with the move to South Carolina and C if I were doing it on my own strength. You are so awesome! Thank You Jesus for depth! Thank You for being born just to die! Thank You for loving me so greatly that a few years ago You knew what I needed in order to live in Your Peace and Your Joy today! Thank You Jesus for being My True Joy! Amen.

No comments: