Thursday, September 1, 2016

John 12:26 - "I Will Follow"


John 12 is full of so many great things from the Lord. This morning He stopped me at verse twenty-six to ponder. A key part of this verse is "..where I am, my servant also will be." That is exactly what I call my 24/7 life. I want to be in His presence. When I am there, I will hear His voice to know His will. Woo hoo! He is so awesome! Last night was a perfect example of Him loving on me. He made me feel needed as a friend and as a pastor. I was so blessed in being able to be there for someone in a time of turmoil. I didn't like they had to go through what they did but I was grateful the Lord put me there to love on them. That is what I am called to do...love on people with His love. That is what everyone is called to do. Sometimes life gets in the way or circumstances stop us from loving with His love. We cannot fulfill the desires of His heart unless we are totally consecrated to Him. Every little bit of our being must be His. The desires of our heart must be the desires of His heart. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for blessing me last night in a way that encouraged my heart. Thank You for Your love flowing out of me. Thank You for encouraging me and showing me I can still be a blessing even though there are days I feel like I can't. Father, fill me to overflowing with more of You so people will see and hear You through me today. I pray for an abundance of Your Holy Spirit to flow from me. Lord, I also pray for Doc today as he prepares his sermon for Sunday. I pray You will encourage his heart. I also pray for my friend Sami and others who are moving in at MVNU today...bless them richly with Your strength to get through the emotions of this day. I also pray for the concerns on my heart in the area of finances. Lord, I pray nothing will distract me from serving You. Thank You for being The One I Follow. Amen.


No comments: