Thursday, September 8, 2016

James 1:2-3 - "Even If"

The Lord had me praying throughout the night for different people and situations. He impressed upon me to pray for His will to be embraced. This morning when I woke up these words were going through my mind..

Even if the healing doesn’t come
And life falls apart
And dreams are still undone
You are God You are good
Forever faithful One
Even if the healing
Even if the healing doesn’t come

The people and situations He had me praying for were not just ones who needed a physical healing but also some who need an emotional healing. Most of all there were some who need a spiritual healing. The song continues...

Lord we know Your ways are not our ways
So we set our faith in who You are
Even though You reign high above us
You tenderly love us
We know Your heart
And we rest in who You are

 Yes! We must have faith in the Lord and trust Him. We must embrace His will for our life. Those words are sometimes easier said than done but when let go of self and allow Him free reign it is possible to have such faith and trust. My prayers were for people in their individual situations but most of all my prayers were for people to hear from the Lord. The only way that can happen is for them to be in a consecrated relationship with Him. Death to self must occur in order to have birth in a new life with Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunity to pray for many throughout the night. Thank You for using me as Your servant. Father, I pray for an abundance of Your Holy Spirit to empower me today. Be my feet and words. Bless me to bless others. Fill me to overflowing so people will see and hear You through me. Thank You Jesus for being My Healer. Amen.

No comments: