Friday, September 23, 2016

Psalm 128:1; Psalm 40:3 - "Household of Faith"










Twenty-seven years...wow! It is not as long as sixty-six years as my parents were married but it still is a long time. As I reflect back on September 23, 1989 my first thoughts go to the nasty weather. The wind and rain from the result of Hurricane Hugo along with temperatures in the forties sure were not what I expected for that day. I envisioned sunshine with crispness in the air and beautiful fall leaves swirling around us. That is how life is...not always what we envision. But when the Lord is the center of your life each and every day is "OK" whether it ends up being how you envisioned or not. If someone would have told me a year ago that today we would be living in South Carolina, in our own home, building a church, I would have responded "I don't think so but if that is where the Lord wants us then so be it." Last year at this time if someone would have told me I would be walking on my own my response would have been, "Praise the Lord!" No matter where the Lord takes us on our journey, no matter what physical ailments we endure, no matter how hard it is to be away from family...He is in control and for that I am thankful. I am blessed with a husband who follows His will. I am blessed with a Heavenly Father who knows what I need and provides. Plain and simple, I am blessed. I pray for this coming year of our marriage to not only be a blessing to me but also to my husband. I pray people will see how we not only survive having our world turned upside down but also how we grow deeper in our faith through the process. Pretty much everything in our life has changed over the last year except one thing. We continue to walk in His will each and every day. I pray this next year in our marriage will be one of great blessings...not to us but to the Lord. I pray He will be blessed because of our faithfulness to the call He has put upon our lives....the call to live a life of holiness.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for yesterday, today and tomorrow. Thank You for loving us so greatly. Thank You for the blessing You have given me through my husband. Thank You for enabling us to stay grounded in our faith through all of the adjustments that have occurred over this last year. Lord, You know the desires of our heart and You know how things will be accomplished. I pray a blessing over our entire marriage...our finances, our family, the influence we have over those around us. Father, I also pray a blessing over this day that we celebrate what You are doing in our life together. I pray a physical touch upon our bodies. I pray for a strengthening in our souls. I pray for an abundance of emotional strength in our spirits. Lord, thank You for the giving me the blessing of such a godly man to call my husband. Thank You for being My Blesser. Amen.


No comments: