Wednesday, August 31, 2016

John 12:24; Galatians 5 - "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)"


August 31...how is it even possible this is the last day of August?!?!?! As I reflect back on the last month, I wonder about some things...

  • Did I please my Heavenly Father with my actions, words and attitude?
  • Did I miss any opportunities He put before me?
  • Did I hear His Voice every time He spoke?
As I read John 12 again this morning He stopped me at verse twenty-four where He was speaking to the disciples before He died. These words have special meaning to me. I had to die to self before He could live fully in me. When I accepted Him He lived in my heart but when I consecrated myself to Him, He took over my whole being. That is when I started living with peace no matter what happens. Peace is one of the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5) that flows from one who allows the Holy Spirit full reign. The others include: love, joy, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. As I die daily to self, these fruit will be seen more and more in my life. As I walked on the beach yesterday and watched the rough water I started singing "Oceans" and was overwhelmed with where the Lord has brought me over the last fifteen months. He had to stop me physically in order to get me to where I am. At the time I struggled with all of the physical issues but oh my, I am so grateful now. 


You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand
And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine


Praise His Holy Name for the way He is with us in the storms of life! As I started to fall asleep last night He had me praying for many who are going through some mighty big storms...
  • the lady seeking a new life with a new career, home, etc.
  • the lady seeking His will for her job situation
  • the lady grieving over the loss of her brother to heroin
  • the wife struggling with her husband's addiction
  • the family dealing with the news of issues with the health of their unborn baby
  • the young lady awaiting major surgery
  • the young man dealing with unknown health issues
  • the family watching their loved one's health deteriorating
  • the man waiting on biopsy results
  • the pastor on the verge of taking the next step with his congregation
  • the pastor who continually feels like he is hitting a brick wall with opposition from his congregation
  • the pastor who went into his first pastorate only to find false teaching that needs resolved
  • the lady dealing with a debilitating disease
  • the family praying for their prodigal son to come back 
I prayed for their spiritual health and then for their specific situations. I prayed God will enable them to die to self so He can be glorified in their situation. I fear for some believers who have not taken this step. If they were to die today, they may be surprised where they would spend eternity. A great lady from the eighteen hundreds by the name of Phoebe Palmer stood upon her strong belief in holiness. She went as far as saying one had the ultimatum of "holiness or hell" when it came to their eternity. When one accepts the Lord into their heart, that is only the first step. Surrendering all to Him and living a consecrated life of holiness is a must if we want to spend eternity with Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the time yesterday I walked on the beach, singing to You, praying, taking pictures...enjoying Your creation! Father, thank You for the ones You brought to my mind to pray for. Lord, I pray I blessed You with my words, actions and attitude over this last month. I also pray You will enable me to go deeper in our relationship as I look ahead to another month. Father, I pray for more of You to be in me so people will not see or hear me but rather it will be You they see and hear. I pray for Your empowerment to be upon me. Holy Spirit fill me to overflowing. Thank You Jesus for being My Holiness. Amen.

No comments: