Sunday, September 18, 2016

I Peter 2:22 - "Jesus Messiah"


The words found in I Peter 2:22 are ones the Prophet Isaiah wrote in Isaiah 53:9. Jesus did not have to die on the cross but He did because of His obedience to His Father. The result of His obedience is we have the freedom to live a life of freedom in Him. We do not have to blatantly sin. We can be die to self and live a life of holiness when we choose to do so. It is only then the reason for His death will be fulfilled. We first have to make the decision to accept Him into our heart and then we must make the decision to allow Him full control over every aspect of our live. After we give Him full control then we must live a live fully devoted to Him each and every moment of the day. Or as I like to say, a 24/7 life. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder today of Your obedience. Thank You for this example I must follow. Lord, I pray You will fill me with more of Your Holy Spirit so people will see and hear You through me. Father, You know my physical body is so tired today and I pray You will empower it with Your energy. Guide my feet and give me Your words. Thank You Jesus for being My Example. Amen.


No comments: