Monday, September 5, 2016

Joshua 1:9 - "Shoulders"


The Lord woke me several times during the night with Joshua 1:9 on my mind. I asked Him who He wanted me to pray for but He was silent the first few times. After multiple times of being woke up when I asked He said two simple yet powerful words...."You, Daughter." Alrighty then! He knows I do much better praying for others than I do praying for myself. He also knows what I am dealing with in life. This morning I looked up this verse in different translations and stopped at The Living Bible because of the words "...fear and doubt!" That is exactly what is trying to creep into my spirit over this final exam. 'Fear' of the unknown and 'doubt' I will pass it. I must remember He is with me to enable me to retain what I have learned over these last six weeks. He is my Strength! He is my Rock! He is my Retention! He is my Focus! I must say and believe 'me and the Lord's got this!' Once again He brought the song "Shoulders" to me this morning...

My help comes from You
You're right here, pulling me through
You carry my weakness, my sickness, my brokenness all on Your shoulders
Your shoulders
My help comes from You
You are my rest, my rescue
I don't have to see to believe that You're lifting me up on Your shoulders
Your shoulders


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for prompting me to pray for myself during the night. You know how hard that is for me to do. Thank You for encouraging me that You will be with me whenever I take the exam. Father, would You please give me direction on when that should happen. Part of me wants to do it today to get it over with and part of me wants to wait until Friday so I have more time to go over my notes. Lord, I thank You in advance for peace that You will give me clarity when the times comes to take it. I thank You for being greater than MS issues. I thank You for being greater than fear. Thank You Jesus for being My Focus! Amen.


No comments: