Tuesday, September 20, 2016

I Peter 4:1-2 - "Holiness"


My burden for the unsaved continues but my burden for those who are not living a holy life is even greater. There are so many people in this world who believe they are "ok" in their spiritual life when in fact they are not. I truly believe there will be many surprised people on Judgment Day when they are turned away from spending eternity with the Lord. In Phoebe Palmer's words, "holiness or hell." Salvation is only the beginning on our path with Him. We must get to the end of ourselves and allow Him full reign of every aspect of our life. Then we must live a consecrated life for Him. It is then we will fulfill His will. We must get to the point where when we sing these words, we truly mean them...

So, take my heart and form it
Take my mind and transform it
Take my will and conform it
To Yours, to Yours, oh, Lord

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, grace and mercy. Thank You for not only dying on the cross for me but for raising from the dead and living in and through me. Father, today I am focusing my prayers on those who know You but have not surrendered to You and live a consecrated life for You. I am praying their eyes will be opened today to seeing You in a whole new way. Father, I pray for more of You to fill me. I pray for Your words, actions and attitude to be mine today. Thank You Jesus for being my Holiness. Amen.

No comments: