Saturday, September 17, 2016

I Peter 2:9 - "Hallelujah"


I woke up several times during the night with the lyrics to "Hallelujah" going through my head. Oh my, this song is so true! I was reading how they wrote it to lift people's spirits. They said it will put a smile on your face as you sing it and that smile will go deep into your soul. That is pretty special to think about! This week has been tough with every emotion happening. The day at the hospital with Miss Sophia was joyful yet painful in helping the nurses with holding her while they did blood work and removing the IV from her scalp. The days with my friends were fun and gave me great joy. Yet at the same time there was sadness because I miss them so much. The days with the boys were so much fun yet I ache to be with my grand babies. In this song the lyrics go...

"Your love is amazing"...yes it is!
"Your love is surprising"...yes it is!
"Your love is a mystery"...yes it is!

God has blessed me throughout these last three months in many ways. It is so hard to believe that three months ago today we moved into our new home. This time of adjustment has been difficult yet rewarding. It continues to be challenging but I know He is "firm beneath my feet." I know He has brought us here for a purpose and we will fulfill His will as we stay focused on Him. There is no doubt I will continue to sing...

"Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah
Your love makes me sing"

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for yesterday! Thank You for today! Thank You for tomorrow! I know You have  been with me and will continue to be with me throughout this time of adjustment. I praise You for the opportunities to gave me to bless people this week. I praise You for Grammy who is such a dear lady. I praise You for my little guys, Jimmy and Eli. I praise You for "Angie" who I had such an awesome conversation with at the hospital. I praise You for the young lady You put into my path again yesterday in the drug store and the opportunity to pray with her there. I praise You for our waitress last night that recognized us even though we were another town away. I praise You for my phone conversation with my friend yesterday and the visit from our friends earlier this week. I praise You for the food they blessed us with. I praise You for whoever sent me the 'Sheila' hoodie that I wanted. You are so good in knowing what encourages me! Father, I pray You will continue to fill me up with Yourself so people will see and hear You through me. I pray for more of the Holy Spirit to empower me to do Your will. Thank You Jesus for being My Hallelujah! Amen.

No comments: