Sunday, September 4, 2016

Joshua 1:9 - "Shoulders"


The Lord woke me up throughout the night to pray for different ministry leaders who I know are going through some tough times. This morning He woke me up to the song "Shoulders" that King and Country sings. There are many who are dealing with confusion and discouragement but these words must be remembered....

My help comes from You
You're right here, pulling me through
You carry my weakness, my sickness, my brokenness all on Your shoulders
Your shoulders
My help comes from You
You are my rest, my rescue
I don't have to see to believe that You're lifting me up on Your shoulders
Your shoulders

I am praying for...

  • the pastor waiting on the Lord's timing to take the next step with his church
  • the pastor who is in a time of grieving over a loved one yet continuing to pastor
  • the new pastor who has found himself in a church where the Nazarene doctrine has not be taught yet alone embraced
  • the worship leader that is discouraged with the lack of worship in the congregation
  • the pastor who is seeking God's will for a new position
  • the pastor who is seeking a lead pastor position for the first time
  • the youth pastor who is struggling to find time with his family due to the demands of his ministry
  • the pastor who is discouraged with low attendance
  • the pastor who may not get a paycheck today
  • the pastor recuperating from major surgery and back in the pulpit
  • the worship leader on sabbatical
May each one of these people remember they are not alone but have the shoulders of the Lord to find their strength. I pray for all pastors as they go into the pulpit today to be Spirit-filled. I pray for the Holy Spirit to take over services and a fresh fire to fall upon the people.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the day ahead! Thank You for the times You had me praying throughout the night for many different ministry leaders. Thank You for the way You will encourage their hearts today. Father, I pray for the fire to fall in churches. I pray for people to let go of themselves and to embrace the doctrine of holiness. I pray for Your will to be realized. I pray for more people to realize Your shoulders is the best place to be when going through tough days. Thanks for being My Help! Amen.

No comments: