Friday, September 16, 2016

I Peter 2:23 - "From The Inside Out"

The Lord took me back to I Peter chapter 2 again today. He stopped me at verse twenty-three. This verse gives us an example we are to follow in our daily lives. In this chapter, Peter wrote about what Jesus went through when He died on the cross for all of us. His death is an act of obedience to His Heavenly Father. He had not sinned. Therefore, He did not have to die in that way but He chose to follow His Father's desires. I wonder what was going through Peter's mind as he wrote about this time of watching Jesus on the cross. I wonder if he thought about how he had denied Him. I wonder if Peter thought about the suffering Jesus took as He was beaten. I wonder if he thought about how Jesus allowed His Heavenly Father to 'take care of things' so to speak. That is exactly the example we need to follow. We need to allow our Heavenly Father to 'take care of things' instead of manipulating situations. When people are not nice to us or hurt our feelings, we must not return the same attitude to them. Instead we need to love them with Jesus' love. That is not easy to do in the human aspect of life but when we are walking in His Spirit it can be accomplished. I like what Adam Clarke wrote, "To avoid evil tempers, and the uneasiness and danger of avenging ourselves, it is a great advantage in all such cases to be able to refer our cause to God, and to be assured that the Judge of all the earth will do right." Yes! We must allow God 'to take care of things.' As we walk in His Spirit, we will have assurance in knowing He is in control. People's words or actions may hurt us but they do not have to define who we are. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder this morning that You are in control. Thank You for loving me so greatly and enabling me to be Your servant. Thank You for yesterday, today and tomorrow. I pray for You to ooze out of me in a mighty way today. May You be seen and heard by all who I come in contact with today. Bless my efforts, Lord, of being You today. Thank You for being My Savior. Amen.

No comments: