Thursday, September 15, 2016

Philippians 4:13 - "God's Great Dance Floor"


When I woke up at 5:17, these were the first words in my mind... 

I feel alive, I come alive
I am alive on God's great dance floor

I almost laughed out loud at God's sense of humor! I sure did not feel alive nor did I want to begin the day this early after the long day yesterday. I prayed and asked Him if I were to start my day but thankfully He told me to lay back down. Yesterday was emotionally and physically draining day. Watching my friends leave to go back to Ohio was hard. Being with Baby Sophia was a joy but it also was difficult. Having to help hold her down while they took the IV out of her scalp and then again with the blood draw was so hard. But what a blessing to have her little arms wrap around me and her crying to stop as soon as I was allowed to hold her. Another blessing of my day was meeting 'Angie' who had tears as I shared the Lord with her. Oh how I pray she will contact me so we can further our discussion about 'God's waiting room.' She blessed me in abundance as I shared with her about waiting on God's time. Another blessing was getting hugs from my two little guys I picked up after school. They are so loving and bless me with it! Another blessing was Thomas writing cards to our LINK missionaries last night. I love this boy and his love for others! Yes, even though it was a tough day, God sure blessed me in abundance through it!

Here it is three hours later than the first time I woke up and I still am not sure I can sing these words with much meaning...lol. But today is a new day. There are new people to meet and new opportunities to embrace. Of course, that probably means I need to get up and get moving...lol. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for yesterday...today...and tomorrow! Thank You for the people You will put in my path! Thank You for the opportunities You will put before me and most important will enable me to accomplish! Thank You for the love You shower upon me each and every day! I continue to pray for healing in little Miss Sophia's body. I pray for safe travel mercies for my friend as she goes to see her Momma. I pray for Doc as he completes his sermon for Sunday. Lord, fill me to overflowing with You so the humanness in me does not come out today in the form of crabbiness due to being tired. May You ooze out of me in such a way there will be no doubt as to it being You who lives in me. Thank You Jesus for being My Strength. Amen.


No comments: