Thursday, September 22, 2016

I Peter 4:10-11 - "Forever"


This morning the Lord woke me with this song...

We sing hallelujah...we sing hallelujah...we sing hallelujah, the Lamb has overcome...

Amen! He overcame all sin when He died for us on the cross. Therefore, we do not have to live in sin. We can live a pure and holy life when we take on His will. These words of Peter in chapter four remind believers how to live. We are to use whatever gifts He gives us so He will be glorified in all we do. Sometimes it is hard to know what gifts He gives but when we earnestly seek His will then He will reveal them to us. It is so important to seek His will in all we do. It also is important to listen to Him so we will know His will. I was reading a missionary book yesterday that had a couple statements that hit home with me. It reads, "God will give us a vision when we forget who we think we are and become who He wants us to be. We must open our eyes, not only to see the harvest but be willing to do what it takes to bring it in." Wow! His will must be carried out throughout each and every day of our walk. We must be willing to do as He says even when it doesn't make sense. If we do not follow the way of His will, life will not be much fun! Or as Matthew Henry puts it we will be " miserable, unsettled...perplexed." Henry continues, "But he who has given up himself and his all to God, may say confidently that the Lord is his portion; and nothing but glory through Christ Jesus, is solid and lasting; that abideth for ever." Woo hoo! Yes! I want to be confident in the Lord. There is no better place to live! 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all of the ways You encourage me through 'tough' days! Thank You for the words and hugs of those You put into my path. Father, I pray for more of You to ooze out of me through my words, actions and attitude today. I pray Your will, will be fulfilled in and through me today. Lord, I also pray for those who are not walking in Your will to have someone go before them today to open their eyes. I also pray You will enable me to walk in Your will as I wait on Your direction with the new ministry You are opening up to me. Father, may You be glorified in all that I do! Thank You for being My Hallelujah! Amen.

No comments: