Friday, September 30, 2016

II Peter 1:2 - "You Won't Relent"


Woo hoo! Yes! As I started to read II Peter this morning, He stopped me right away at verse two. This is an awesome reminder that I needed. "Grace" "peace"...both are attainable when we know the Lord. But it takes going a second step to experience "peace" in its fullness. The only way to have "peace" in the storms of life is to be living in His will. As we live in His will, it will be OK when we do not know exactly how something is going to be accomplished. It will be OK when we are faced with a 'bad' medical test. It will be OK as we live through a spouse falling away from the Lord. It will be OK when family and friends hurt us deeply. Plain and simple. It will be OK. This morning I am praying for people who are going through these very situations. I am not praying for their situations to be resolved but instead are praying for them to get to the point in their life where they can have His peace through their storms. I am praying their hearts will change to allowing God full control over them. I am praying they will wake up this morning and realize they cannot do life on their own strength but instead need to rely on Him. I am praying for His grace to come down over them in a new way today so they can experience His peace. There are some I am praying for that are going through such horrific circumstances that I cannot even begin to start to understand. But I don't have to understand. All I have to do is be obedient in praying for them. Would I like everyone to have a 'good' life without issues? Absolutely not. If we had such life, we would think we don't need God. I think back on my parents and everything they went through in life and am blessed in knowing the Lord was their strength. My Momma continues to rely on the Lord's strength to get her through tough days. So much happened over the sixty-six years they had together. I remember when I was growing up wondering 'why' one of them was always sick or 'why' there seemed to always be turmoil. I now can see God used them to be an example for others to learn how to rely on Him. Woo hoo! I think back of the verses in James that tell us to be joyful when going through tough times (1:2) in in order to grow our faith. Oh how I pray for people to get to that point in their life. Joy can only be found through total consecration to the Lord. Peace can only be found through total consecration to the Lord.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for yesterday! Thank You for today! Thank You for tomorrow! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Father, I have prayed for many this morning in some tough situations. I pray they will become so devoted to You so they can experience Your peace and joy. I pray they will let go of anything they are still holding onto and allow You to control it. Lord, fill me to overflowing with more of You today so people will see and hear You in me. I praise Your Holy Name for loving me so greatly! Thank You for being My Peace and Joy! Amen.


No comments: