Saturday, September 3, 2016

Joshua 1:9; Hebrews 6:19 - "Tunnel"


1AM...the Lord woke me up to pray for a sweet young lady who is off to college. He gave me Joshua 1:9 to pray over her, which I did. He also reminded me of a day in February where we came to Beaufort, sat by the waterfront and prayed. We were asking Him if this were to be our new home but most of all we were asking Him for His will to be revealed in and through us. As I prayed for Sami He reminded me that her new adventure is very similar to ours. She is in a new place as we are. She will make new friends as we are. The Lord has given her a new mission field as He has us. She also will have days of being discouraged and times of being afraid just as we have. But the very best part of her adventure is the very best part of our adventure. "...the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Woo hoo! Yes! He is with us at all times. He is with us in the 'good' days and the 'bad' days. He has blessed us with great encouragement through people who listen to Him. I love the large anchor at the waterfront. He is my Anchor and I pray He will also be Sami's anchor. The anchor is a symbol of hope. Years ago it was a symbol of safety. Jesus is my Hope. He is my Focus. In Hebrews 6:19 the word 'anchor' is used as a word picture of how Jesus supports us in time of trials or doubt. When we are anchored into a life of living in His presence, there is no doubt He is our Anchor. It is kind of 'funny' that Third Day's "Tunnel" was in my mind this morning....

There's a light at the end of this tunnel 
There's a light at the end of this tunnel 
For you, for you 
There's a light at the end of this tunnel 
Shinin' bright at the end of this tunnel 
For you, for you 
So keep holdin' on 

Yes! The Lord is with us on this new adventure. He is with Sami and the others who have left home to be at college. This song reminds me of the importance of keeping our focus on Him. He is the "light at the end of this tunnel" of life. As we focus on Him while on this earth, we will live in His presence for eternity. Woo hoo! 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder of the day in February when we sat by the waterfront and prayed. Thank You for the way You spoke to us then and continue to speak to us. Father, there are some days that are harder than others on this new adventure. The human side of me struggles but I am so thankful in my spirit I know we are doing what You desire of us. Father, would You please give me more of You? Would You fill me up to overflowing so people will see and hear You in and through me? Would You give me Your thoughts? Would You encourage my heart through someone today? Father, I love You so much and the desire of my heart is to fulfill the desire of Your heart. Thank You for Your protection over us through the storm yesterday. I pray for those who have lost property and/or life from this storm. I pray people who are anchored in You will be You to them. Thank You Jesus for being My Anchor! Amen.

No comments: