Wednesday, September 14, 2016

I Peter 2:16 - "Word Of God Speak"


The words 'freedom in Christ' have taken on a new meaning over the last few years. They were words that did not make much sense to me until He revealed to me the freedom experienced by being completing consecrated to Him. It does not mean just things we can do but it also is ways He gives us freedom over our emotions. When we are lonely or hurting, He is gives us the freedom to be loved by Him in a greater way. When we are angry, He gives us the freedom to express our anger to Him and then allow Him to enable us to work through it without sinning. When we are frustrated, He takes that frustration and turns it around to peace. One must not take this freedom or granted. Nor should they use it as an excuse for improper behavior. As the last part of I Peter 2:16 reads, "...live as God's slaves." Yes! He is my Master and I am is slave. I will strive to do His will as I love and serve Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for these words this morning! Thank You for encouraging me to continue down the path of living a life of holiness. Lord, today is going to be a tough day physically. I am praying for an abundance of You to show through me. I also pray for my emotional body to be strengthened. Father, You know my needs and You know my heart. I pray for the desires of my heart to be fulfilled today. Thank You Jesus for being My Master! Amen.


No comments: