Friday, September 9, 2016

Psalm 46:10 - "Still"


1:13AM and my eyes fly open with an urgency to pray for a specific ministry leader. Sometimes I wonder why it is the middle of the night the Lord asks me to pray when I easily could do it in the daytime. But maybe that is not true. Maybe I am too distracted during the day to pray as He desires. Sometimes later I have found out the person I am praying for actually was going through something at the very same moment the Lord had me praying. Last night He had me pray for this one to stay strong in his faith....to not get discouraged. He told me He was giving him glimpses of breakthrough and needed him "to embrace those glimpses but to not get too comfortable with them." I am not sure what that means but hopefully when I share it with him he will understand. 

I had a situation last evening where the Lord told me to pray for one and I did. Afterwards, I sent her a message telling her I continue to pray for the situation she is in. She asked me what I had heard and I told her nothing except from the Lord telling me to pray. She was amazed at His faithfulness. I loved her words, "I will continue to praise Him in this storm." Now that takes great trust! Her situation has been going on for the last few years yet to be able to say those words is awesome! I am not sure where my faith would be in her same situation.

Prayer is a two-way communication. We pray and give thanks to our Heavenly Father but then we need to be "Still" and listen to what He has to say to us. I remember growing up thinking He was there to listen to our requests and then answer them with a 'yes, no or maybe.' Then at a teen retreat I found a different type of praying. I remember how different life was after that retreat. I found I could have a more personal prayer life, even to the point of speaking out to my Heavenly Daddy. Wow...that was awesome! Over the last few years I have found myself going more deeper in my prayers. It is such a blessing when He gives me the privilege to pray for and with people. Yesterday was a blessing as I held and prayed over a seven month old in the hospital. I sure don't want to see her in the hospital but I am thankful the Lord gave me the open door with her and her Momma. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday! Thank You for the way You continue to use me as Your servant! Lord, You know how I struggle with this change in life. I am so grateful when You give me an opportunity to minister as I use to. I also am grateful for Your direction when there are open doors to walk through. Father, I will continue to praise You through this time of adjustment just as my friend continues to praise You. I also ask for You to wrap Your arms around my young friend who has just completed a week in her new surroundings with new people and new situations. Encourage her Lord to lean upon You for her strength. Thank You for her words last night that encouraged me even though I was encouraging her. Father, today is a new day...it is Your day...may You fill me to overflowing so people will hear and see You in me. May You be greater than me in all I do. Thank You Jesus for being My Fullness! Amen.


No comments: