Sunday, September 11, 2016

Mark 11:24 - "Lord, I Need You"


Today is a day of remembrance...the fifteenth anniversary of 9/11. I remember being at work in Orrville while my family were scattered. Doc and Ben were in Willard. Paul was at Akron U. I remember as I was driving home that all I wanted was to be home. I prayed for all of my family to be able to be together. Within a few hours we were gathered around the TV watching, waiting and praying for our nation. I was so relieved when I walked into the house with Doc and Ben already there. But I was especially relieved when Paul and Lizzy walked in the door. Prayer was such a stress reliever that day as the Lord held me in His arms and encouraged me. Another remembrance of this day is it is the birthdate of a special friend who has gone onto heaven. She was one of my greatest encouragers. When my Daddy died, I was crushed in many ways. But dear Lenore promised me she would be a prayer warrior for me in his place. When she left this earth, I felt an emptiness inside my soul. I know people pray for me but my Daddy and Lenore were intentionally praying for me. Lenore seemed to know when I was going through a tough day. I would get a call of encouragement and she would pray over the phone with me. She always believed and prayed Mark 11:24. Her faith was great and she poured it into me. As I remember her, I pray I am a 'Lenore' for others. I pray the Lord will continue to bring people to my mind when they need prayer. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for bringing my friends here for a visit! Thank You for the abundance of produce they have blessed us with! You are so awesome! Father, would You fill me to overflowing so people see and hear You through me today? Would You wrap Your loving arms around those who need an added dose of Your love today? Lord, I pray You will keep my eyes and ears open for opportunities to be You to others today. Thank You Jesus for being My Greatest Encourager! Amen.

No comments: