Tuesday, September 13, 2016

I Peter 2:4-5 - "Move 'Keep Walkin'"


The Lord woke me up to Toby Mac's song "Move (Keep Walkin')" and my thoughts went back to a few months ago when He gave this song to a friend for me. When she shared it with me, she said she didn't know what it meant but was hoping I did. There was no doubt why He gave it to her. We were in a desperate time of prayer seeking His will about moving out of our comfort zone into a very unfamiliar place. These words were powerful that morning and continue to be powerful in our present situation...

Move, keep walkin’ soldier keep movin’ on 
Move, keep walkin’ until the mornin’ comes 
Move, keep walkin’ soldier keep movin’ on 
And lift your head, it ain’t over yet, ain’t over yet 

Hold on, hold on 
Lord ain’t finished yet 
Hold on, hold on 
He’ll get you through this 
Hold on, hold on 
These are the promises 
I never will forget 
I never will forget [x2]

Wow! The Lord is so awesome in the way He speaks through others, through music, through Scripture and sometimes audibly. He promise us many things as we read His Word. I love the word picture given in I Peter 2:4-5. He is "building" me into what He desires of me. His desire is for me to live a life of holiness...purity...righteousness. My desire is to do His will. This song has such great meaning to me. I know as long as I continue to "keep walking'" in the way He desires, He will direct me. No matter how many adjustments, disappointments or 'road blocks' I may encounter life will be OK. Actually, it will be better than OK because He is in charge! Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You seems pretty inadequate to say for all You have done and continue to do in my life. You are so awesome in the way You encourage me through people, circumstances, Scripture, etc. Father, thank You for my time to love on Jimmy and Eli yesterday. Thank You for bringing them into my life. Lord, You are so awesome. Once again, I am praying for Your direction on a new ministry I am feeling led into. Lord, direct my words. Direct my steps. Fill me to overflowing with more of You so people will embrace a life with You through me. Lord, thank You for my loved one who had surgery yesterday. I pray for the one having surgery today. I pray not only for both of them for physical needs but most especially for their spiritual needs. Thank You for my good test results yesterday! I pray for my friend undergoing tests this week. Thank You Jesus for being My Drill Sergeant! Amen.

No comments: