Wednesday, September 21, 2016

I Peter 4:17 - "Forever"


This morning the Lord woke me to a song Kari Jobe sings called "Forever" and then He took me back to I Peter 4. He stopped me at verse seventeen to ponder. I asked Him to reveal to me the connection between these two things. These were His words...

Daughter, 'forever' is a long time. Eternity is forever. Many are living in today and not in eternity. I need you to be an example for others to see on how to live in eternity. As you pray 'on earth as it is in heaven' you are experiencing eternity with Me. Keep your light shining brightly so more people will want what you have in Me. I love you. I am your strength. May you be empowered by My Spirit throughout this day.

Wow! The Holy Spirit goosebumps have come down all over me! Woo hoo! I love to hear Him! I love to be encouraged by Him!

Forever, He is glorified
Forever, He is lifted high
Forever, He is risen
He is alive
He is alive (Forever)


Yes, my Savior died on the cross but praise His Holy Name He rose from the dead and lives today in those who chose Him! The time is coming when He will take us from here to spend eternity with Him in heaven. Right now those who are living a life in His will experience Him on this earth in different ways. We can worship Him but once we are with Him in heaven worship will take on a whole new meaning. Woo hoo! Oh how I pray for fellow believers to get to the point in their life where they begin living it out totally for Him. Salvation is not enough to get one to heaven. A life of total devotion is what it will take. The question in I Peter 4:17 is not just for those who have not accepted Him but it also is for those who have not totally consecrated themselves to Him yet. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for speaking so clearly to me this morning! Thank You for encouraging me! Thank You for giving me this Scripture and song together. May You be glorified in all I do and say today! May You shine through me today in every action, every attitude and every word. Fill me to overflowing with more of You! Woo hoo! Lord, I pray for my brothers and sisters who have accepted You but have not allowed You to be King of Kings and Lord of Lords over them. I pray someone will do or say something to open their eyes and heart! Thank You Jesus for being My Forever! Amen.

No comments: