Monday, June 1, 2015

Psalm 89:15-18 - "Oceans"

The Lord took me to Psalm 89 this morning and pointed out specifically verses fifteen to eighteen....


I am one blessed woman!  Woo hoo! And the reason I am blessed is because I am His and He is mine. I "...walk in the light of your presence, Lord" is my mantra each and every day of my life. I rejoice in Him and celebrate Him even in 'bad' times. He is my "...glory and strength" because I seek more of Him and less of myself each and every day. I was interested in knowing the meaning behind "...and by your favor you exalt our horn. Indeed, our shield belongs to the Lord, our king to the Holy One of Israel." 'horn' in this particular verse symbolizes 'strong one' and shield means 'sovereign'. He is the One to give us strength by being who He is as our Lord.

Oh that statement could not be any more true! He is the One to give us strength by being who He is as our Lord. Woo hoo! Yes! I rejoice in Him because He is the Lord of my life. I am so blessed to call Him "Daddy" and to have a relationship with Him. I love how Matthew Henry describes these verses...

"Happy are those who so know the joyful sound of the gospel as to obey it; who experience its power upon their hearts, and bring forth the fruit of it in their lives. Though believers are nothing in themselves, yet having all in Christ Jesus, they may rejoice in his name. May the Lord enable us to do so. The joy of the Lord is the strength of his people; whereas unbelief dispirits ourselves and discourages others. Though it steals upon us under a semblance of humility, yet it is the very essence of pride. Christ is the Holy One of Israel; and in him was that peculiar people more blessed than in any other blessing."

I am nothing without the Lord. He is my strength. Each and every day as I deal with MS I look to Him for strength. But these last few weeks I have leaned upon Him even more with my legs not functioning right. I was just telling someone the other day that maybe that is the purpose for this time. Maybe I was missing something He was trying to tell me so He had to stop me to get my attention. I know in the past I have felt that to be the case but the more I think and pray about it I don't believe that is the case this time. He has shared with me part of the purpose of this and I am waiting on hearing more from Him. 

I had to laugh when I read the last part of Matthew Henry's words. "...and in him was that peculiar people more blessed than in any other blessing." The word peculiar means:

adj. adjective 
  • 1. Not ordinary or usual; odd or strange. noticed a peculiar odor in the room.
  • 2. Belonging distinctively or primarily to one person, group, or kind; special or unique. a species peculiar to the high desert.
Yep...I probably am known as peculiar! I am not ordinary by any sense of the word and I definitely belong "distinctively or primarily..." to the Lord. I am His, He is mine! 
  • When my legs shake like crazy after sitting too long, I am His, He is mine! 
  • When my brain doesn't send the right direction to get my leg to step up to get into the car, I am His, He is mine!
  • When I can't find the right words in the middle of a conversation, I am His, He is mine!
  • When I feel like I can't physically, mentally, or emotionally go on, I am His, He is mine!
  • When frustration tries to take over in my spirit, I am His, He is mine!
The Lord is calling me to go deeper. I am seeking more of Him in order to find the way to do that. This morning He gave me the song "Oceans" to remind me how to go deeper.

And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

I am pleading for Him to take me deeper...to lead me where He so desires me to be... I know He will as I continue to live in His presence. He is the One I call upon each and every day. He is the One who sustains me. He is the One who loves me so greatly.

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior

Oh, Jesus, you're my God!

I will call upon Your name
Keep my eyes above the waves
My soul will rest in Your embrace
I am Yours and You are mine
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders this morning of Your faithfulness and love for me. Thank You for being My Strength and My Shield. Yesterday when Doc said that MS was a blessing in my life people probably thought he had lost his mind. But I am blessed through MS in so many ways. Would I like You to instantly heal me so I could walk on my own strength again? The human side of me would say "yes" but the spiritual side of me would say "no way!" You have told me that this time is for someone else who will draw closer to You through seeing me. To that I say "bring it on!" Whatever it takes for people to get into relationship with You or to draw closer to You is fine by me. I will admit yesterday when the legs were shaking so badly after sitting too long I wanted to scream. Yet You were there for me and I am grateful. I praise You for filling me with more of You and less of me. Lord guide my words to be You to others today. I don't know that I will leave the house yet I want to be used by You. I praise You Father for the words to this song! 

I will call upon Your name
Keep my eyes above the waves
My soul will rest in Your embrace
I am Yours and You are mine

Thank You Jesus for being Mine! Amen.

No comments: