Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Psalm 42 - "Waterfall"


Wow! The Lord took me to Psalm 42 and I was blown away with the words, especially "Deep calls to deep"! It has been just a little over too months ago He told me He wanted me to go deeper in my relationship with Him. (It seems like so much longer than that.) As I was reading the song "Waterfall" by Chris Tomlin came to my mind....

Your love is like a waterfall, waterfall
Running wild and free
You hear my heart when I call, when I call
Deep calls, too deep
Your love is like a waterfall, waterfall (waterfall)
Raining down on me
Raining down on me (raining down)
Raining down on me (raining down)
It's coming like a flood
I'm dancing in the rain
Your love is like a waterfall, waterfall

I do believe the Lord is wanting me to 'to get' or to be encouraged because yesterday He reminded me that I need to praise Him through the storms of life and draw closer to Him. In Psalm 42 David was discouraged over the troubles he was experiencing. Matthew Henry writes about these verses:

David regards the Divine favour as the fountain of all the good he looked for. In the Saviour's name let us hope and pray. One word from him will calm every storm, and turn midnight darkness into the light of noon, the bitterest complaints into joyful praises. Our believing expectation of mercy must quicken our prayers for it. At length, is faith came off conqueror, by encouraging him to trust in the name of the Lord, and to stay himself upon his God. He adds, And my God; this thought enabled him to triumph over all his griefs and fears. Let us never think that the God of our life, and the Rock of our salvation, has forgotten us, if we have made his mercy, truth, and power, our refuge. Thus the psalmist strove against his despondency: at last his faith and hope obtained the victory. Let us learn to check all unbelieving doubts and fears. Apply the promise first to ourselves, and then plead it to God.

"Deep calls to deep"...the Lord called me to go deeper with Him. The desire of His heart is to take me deeper so what flows out of me will not be superficial but rather be of great depth. I read these words this morning and am pondering on them...

When deep touches deep, deep will respond to deep. If our life has no depth, our superficial work will only affect other lives superficially. We repeat yet again--only "deep calls unto deep."

I must trust Him throughout my days, especially in this time with the MS flair-up. 
I must keep my faith and hope in Him, especially in this time with the MS flair-up.
I must praise Him no matter what happens, especially in this time with the MS flair-up.
I must not be fearful or think of the 'what-ifs', especially in this time with the MS flair-up.
I must have no doubt of His love, especially in this time with the MS flair-up.
I must not think He has forgotten me, especially in this time with the MS flair-up.

When I think of the symbolism of water in the Bible, I think of God's care and provision for us. His salvation. I also think of the rainbow which is made up of water. It reminds me of the promise of His unfailing love. His love is coming down upon me..."raining down on me...It's coming like a flood..." As His love rains down on me, He enables me to go deeper in my relationship with Him. As I go deeper I will be able to dance in the rain through this storm. Oh my! The Lord is so good at encouraging me! Once again I think of this picture...


Dear Jesus,
You are so good! Woo hoo! Thank You for these words of encouragement this morning! Thank You for Psalm 42 which gave me "...deep calls to deep.." Thank You for the cleansing of the Holy Spirit which enables me to go deeper with You. Thank You for encouraging me to "...dance in the rain..." Lord, You are just so, so good to me. Father, today is a new day. I pray for Your words to be my words. I pray for Your attitude to be my attitude. Fill me to overflowing with more of You and less of me so people see Jesus in me. Use the love You have given me to ooze out of me in such a way that there is no doubt that You are Lord of Lords and King of Kings in my life. Thank You Jesus for being My Deep. Amen.

No comments: