Saturday, June 20, 2015

John 6 - "Me Without You"


The Lord woke me up this morning to a song Toby Mac sings called "Me Without You" but I couldn't remember all of the lyrics so I had to look it up. A part I couldn't remember goes...

You rescued me
You are mine, I am Yours
You rescued me
And I am Yours forever
You saved me, remade me


Amen! Yes, He saved me and Yes, He remade me! It is so amazing to think about how He gives us second chances! Or sometimes it takes third, fourth, etc. before we finally realize He is what we need in life. Woo hoo! I am so grateful! If I would not have finally came to my senses I would be...
That I'd be packin' my bags when I need to stay
I'd be chasin' every breeze that blows my way
I'd be building my kingdom just to watch it fade away
So true
That's me without You-ou-ou-ou-ou-ou
That's me without You-ou-ou-ou-ou-ou
That's me without You-ou-ou-ou-ou-ou
Don't know where I'd be without You
The Lord created us to spend eternity with Him. He created us to be in relationship with Him daily. The desire of His heart is for us to be totally surrendered to Him. In John 6 we read the stories of Jesus performing miracles with the feeding of the 5000 and then walking on water. One thing that happens in this chapter is Jesus explaining about being the Bread of Life. He said...

35 Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. 36 But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. 37 All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

Jesus was and is the Bread of Life. Things, people, job, money, hobbies...all of these are things we look to fulfill us yet nothing fulfills us like the Lord. When we were created to be eternal beings, we were created with an eternal purpose. He is the Only One to fill our needs. When we follow Him, we have hope, peace, a purpose and a meaning for our lives. Without Him, we have none of those. Instead we are empty and hungry.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song this morning that reminds me of where I've been and where I am now. Thank You for fulfilling me. Thank You for loving me enough to give me second chances. Thank You for giving me exactly what I need to not only get through life but most importantly to depend upon Your strength to be a blessing to You and to others. Father, You know what is ahead of me today. You know who I will be in contract with. I pray for more of You and less of me throughout this day. Fill me to overflowing so others will see You in me. Lord, I pray for Doc today for strength. I pray You will fill him to overflowing with Yourself too. Bless our day...I don't want to just get through this day but instead the desire of my heart is to enjoy my family and friends. Thank You for being My Bread of Life. Amen.

No comments: