Monday, June 29, 2015

Psalm 121; Col. 3:23; Jer. 29:11; Romans 8:28 - "My Help Comes From The Lord"


Somedays I feel Like I am such a disappointment to others. When I can't do what people are use to me doing, I feel like I am letting them down. When I can't do what I want to do or feel that I need to do, I feel like a disappointment. As I was praying this morning the Lord encouraged me by having me read Psalm 121. In it I found encouragement that He is my help at all times. I already knew that but this morning I sure did need the reminder. Maybe I am feeling this way because it is a Monday and Mondays always follow Sundays which are so hard. Or it could be because some have made me feel like I'm a disappointment to them. Or maybe it is the enemy trying to get to me. No matter what the reason for this feeling I must soak in more of the Lord to overcome it. I refuse to feel 'bad' in my spirit. I saw this picture the other day and was reminded of it this morning...


Yes! When I fill my cup with these things from the Lord, I will know He is with me. 

  • He is the One who will enable me to be joyful throughout this day. 
  • He is the One who is my Help in sorting out all of the emotions I am dealing with during this time of this flair-up. 
  • He is the One who will enable others to help me through this difficult time.
  • He is the One!
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for reminding me You are the One that helps me through difficult times. Lord, You are so awesome in the way You give me things such as this picture to point me in the direction with what I need to do. You are the One I need to listen to, not others and for that I am grateful. I think of Colossians 3:23 that You gave me fourteen years ago that tells me that exact thing. I also think of Jeremiah 29:11 that reminds me that You know what my future holds and Romans 8:28 which tells me that everything will work together in my life. I may not be able to see how or know when BUT the important thing is as I fill myself with more of You and less of me it will happen. My part of the process is to fill myself up with You which will enable You to ooze out of me in a godly manner. Woo hoo! Thank You Lord! I think of all of the things in this picture I need Your peace more than anything. Keep that in the forefront of my mind throughout this day. Thank You Jesus for being My Help. Amen.


No comments: