Monday, June 1, 2015

Isaiah 43:2; Philippians 4:13; James 1; Matthew 11:28-29; Isaiah 40:29-31 - "I Am Not Alone"

"I am a bit surprised that you did not do better on the final exam. Many of the items you

missed were things that I suggested that you study. I wish it could have been better." 

"I must admit that I was a bit disappointed in the Final Exam Scores."

Reading these words from my professor were disheartening. I was disappointed in my final exam grade myself but knew there wasn't anything I could do about it. My high A for the class dropped to a B+ but that is OK. After responding to the professor about the way the medication was effecting me this was his response...

"With the medical problems you have been enduring, the B+ is very good. God bless you and give you continuing strength to do His Will."

When I took my final exam last week, I knew there were things I had studied and knew yet I couldn't pull them out of my memory. I became so frustrated and gave up which is so not my normal. But then when I think about it life seems to be anything but normal right now. No that is not entirely true. God is my strength and that is my normal. It is just that my physical and mental bodies are not functioning normal. Of course, what truly is the meaning of "normal"....LOL. According to the dictionary it is, "The usual, expected, or standard state, form, amount, or degree." 

I don't know if my MS issues are going to be my new "normal" or not. I sure hope not but if they are part of the Lord's plan, I will accept them and find a way to embrace them. I think of Isaiah 43:2 as I am dealing with this tingling all over my body today...

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze”  Isaiah 43:2 NIV

Yes! He is with me! This tingling from head to toe will not overtake me! 
  • He promises me that His strength is my strength in Philippians 4:13.
  • He promises me when I remain near Him through trials, I will spend eternity with Him in the first chapter of James.
  • He promises me rest in Matthew 11:28-29.
  • He promises power and strength in Isaiah 40:29-31.
I am reminded of the story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego who were thrown into a fiery furnace yet voiced their faith in God to rescue them. Their faith was so great and was truly tried by fire! The Lord was with them just as He is with me. He is with me through the encouragement of friends and He is with me through the knowledge when He reminds me that I am not alone in this flair-up.

Dear Jesus,
I praise You for the way You love me and encourage me. Father, I pray for with these tingles to either go away or for You to give me what I need to deal with them. I am falling apart emotionally and need You so very badly. Father, touch my body.... Thank You for being My Promise Maker! Amen.


No comments: