Sunday, June 7, 2015

Psalm 118:24; Philippians 4:13 - "The Messengers"

"I can't" is not normally part of my vocabulary but today it sure feels like it might be. Then the Lord brought to my mind Psalm 118:24 to my mind and I chuckled...


As I was thinking about how this day was going to be accomplished the Lord brought the song "Messengers" to me. "Calling all the messengers...calling all the messengers..." He has called me to be His messenger. 

We've been given a call
Been forgiven, risen, we livin' to give him our all
Rise up from your past it's holding you down
This moment is all that matters the future is now
How will the people know if we don't tell 'em if we fail 'em
They stumblin' in the dark but the light is what we carry
Yea, don't have to wonder your purpose or what you here for
Reflect his image and show the world what he cares for



As I thought about these words, I know I am called...I know I am forgiven. I also know I need to be "...risen, we livin' to give him our all..." I need to rise up past the thought of "I can't do this" today and be His messenger. How can I do that when I overdid yesterday? Only with His strength. I am so strongly going to be leaning on Philippians 4:13 today. I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.  Woo hoo! I can do this...not on my strength but through His strength. I will "Reflect his image and show the world what he cares for" throughout this day. I will not just 'do' this day but I will "...rejoice and be glad in it." Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for these words of encouragement for this day. Oh my how I needed to hear them. Thank You for using me as one of Your messengers. Thank You for loving me enough to die on the cross so I can live. Father, You know my pain and discomfort but I believe You are greater than it. I believe You are going to bless my efforts today in a mighty way. I pray for physical strength with my legs. I pray for mental strength to be able to think clearly. I pray for emotional strength to not fall apart. I think I need a sign around my neck today that says, "Fragile, handle with care." I pray for more of You and less of me so I can be the beacon of light You have called me to be. I praise You that Your light shines not only in my little physical world but through technology I can shine for You all over the world. Woo hoo! Feel me to overflowing so You ooze out of me. Bless me so I can bless others. Thank You Jesus for being My Can. Amen.



No comments: