Friday, June 5, 2015

Hebrews 13:5 - "Right Here"


After only four hours of sleep I woke up with a song Jeremy Camp sings called "Right Here" and I couldn't go back to sleep. First of all, four hours is no where close to my "normal" and secondly, it is not my "normal" to wake up in the middle of the night. Of course, I have to admit life is anything but "normal" right now. The only thing "normal" in it is Jesus. How appropriate for the words of this song to be with me...

Everywhere I go
I know you're not far away
You're right here
You're right here, yeah yeah
Well, everywhere I go
I know you're not far away
You're right here
You're right here, yeah yeah

Even in days of the unknown...He is with me. 
Even in days of hurt...He is with me.
Even in days of discouragement...He is with me.
Even in days when I feel let down by others...He is with me.
Even in days of attack by the enemy...He is with me.

Plain and simple. When we depend upon the Lord, are entirely sanctified, go deeper in our walk with Him...He is with us. Woo hoo! That is exciting! His Word tell us in Isaiah 43:1-3...

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you...For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior."

The key words for me in this verse are "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you..." First of all there are times that we must "pass through the waters" in order to receive the blessing the Lord has for us. In Matthew 14, Peter had to experience the storm in order to experience the empowerment of the Lord. The second part that is so cool about this verse is that He is always with us. As we go through storms, He is there to encourage us.
I was reading about how the storms of life bring about change. That made me think about what "normal" really is in my life. Is there such a thing as "normal"? Probably not but as long as the Lord is the One in charge of my life I'm OK with whatever each day brings. If change is what needs to happen, so be it. Praise the Lord I know He is with me through storms. I have nothing to fear. Right now there are many going through periods of great change in their lives and I pray they find His peace through their storms. I pray for the ones...
  • watching their loved ones leave this earth
  • who are dealing with relationship issues
  • going through serious health issues
  • who are in the depths of depression or anxiety
  • who feel like they have no reason to live
  • that are dealing with severe financial issues
For each of these people I pray they will be like Peter who experienced the Lord's empowerment through the storm. I pray they will trust Him. Most of all I pray they will know He is with them.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for these words today. Thank You for being with me in the midst of my storm but more importantly thank You for empowering through this storm. Lord, You are so awesome! I pray for these ones who need to feel Your presence in such a mighty way. I pray You will give them exactly what they need Lord but I know we all have to get to the end of ourselves before You can do that. Father, fill me to overflowing with more of You and less of me so people will see You in me. Bless my steps, my words and my attitude with You today. Thank You Jesus for being My Normal. Amen.



No comments: