Saturday, June 13, 2015

Isaiah 40:31 - "Even If the Healing Never Comes"


What a blessing to be a part of my current on-line class. Originally I was scheduled to do a different class. I know it was God’s plan that I read the words this week in the reading in order to be encouraged to keep on keepin’ on! Part of our reading was about the call the Lord puts on our life. I have wondered over these last few weeks about why the Lord would call me only for me to be unable to accomplish that call. I must admit there have been times of doubt. I don't know if it is the enemy trying to tear me down or if the Lord is trying to tell me life is changing. Perhaps the Lord is taking me a new direction but as I pray I haven't been given a clear answer. I do know that no matter what He has called me to be His servant.

Through this MS flair-up my physical body has wanted to give up yet the Lord has strengthened me to stay the course. Many times He has reminded me of the divine healing He gave me a few years ago (that I had for a few years) and at that time He called me to be a Medical Chaplain. In one of my lectures it reads, “Honestly, there will be times when the only thing that may keep you going, is the commitment to your call.” As I am going through this flair-up I am unable to do my normal activities. The last day I was at the hospital in my role as Medical Chaplain was long and draining. Toward the end of my eight hour shift there was a death. The family had to travel about two hours to get to the hospital. So my eight hour day soon turned into a ten and a half hour day. I had physical issues with my MS the day before and was struggling from the start. My physical body wanted to give up yet the Lord strengthened me to stay the course. 

I keep praying for the Lord to heal me so I can be 'normal' again. But what if that isn't in His plan? What if He has something greater for me in the call He has placed upon my life? What if this is my new 'normal'? No matter if this is temporary or permanent I have to accept it. In on of my textbooks this week it read, “One of the most consistent aspects of life is change.” One of the points the author brings out on how to deal with change is that we need to “Realize change is part of God’s design.” Wow...'part of God's design'...what does that mean in the situation I am in right now? 

With what I am going through right now with my MS I am unable to be at the hospital in my role as Chaplain. I do not believe God caused this flair-up but I do believe He will use it for His glory. I have asked Him how I can be effective for Him even as I am unable to drive or to be out and about. He has opened doors for me through today’s technology to where I have been given opportunities to be Him to others. This change is not one I am enjoying but I can say I am embracing it. I pray this is not my new normal but if it is I know He will empower me to do whatever it takes to fulfill my call. I love the words in another part of my reading...

“The inference is that when He gave us the task of carrying out the work of His church, He also graciously supplied supernatural enablement for us to carry out the assignment. In the midst of our insecurities, we must remember that He empowers us with enabling gifts of ministry.”

Woo hoo..'supernatural enablement'...I love the sound of that! He will enable me to do things that are not humanly possible! Most importantly when He enables me to do such things I know He will be glorified! Emotionally...He will enable me to not allow people's words to tear me down! Physically...He will enable me to do His will despite my physical limitations! Spiritually...He will enable me to hear His voice! Mentally...He will enable me to think clearly when the MS fog takes over! Financially...He will enable us to learn how to live on what He provides if my disability is taken away! Professionally...He will enable me to go back to making hospital visits if it is His will!

Dear Jesus,
I praise Your Holy Name for rearranging my class schedule so I have this particular class right now. I praise You for the reading that encourages me to not give up on the call You have placed on my life. Lord, thank You for all the ways You bless me. Just as I prayed before I got out of bed this morning...fill me to overflowing with more of You and less of me so You will ooze out of me for others to see. I'm not sure who I will have contact with today but Lord You know and You also know what they need from me. I pray for open eyes and an open mind to Your will today. Lord, bless me in abundance with Your supernatural powers. Thank You Jesus for being My Supernatural Enabler! Amen.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried certain MS diets or do you have no dietary restrictions?

Anonymous said...

Have you tried certain MS diets or do you have no dietary restrictions?

My Strength said...

I have tried different ways of eating such as a plant-based diet and low fat but nothing changed with my disease.