Monday, June 15, 2015

Psalm 139:13-14 - "Beautiful"


The Lord woke me up this morning with a song in my heart that Mercy Me sings called Beautiful. As I was singing it I thought about my teen Sunday School class yesterday. This was one of the things that was brought out in the lesson. People may tear us down with words but the Lord knows our worth. I love the thought that He knew us even before we were born. It makes me think about how I prayed for my babies before they were born. Then after they were born I prayed for their future spouses and children. We don't have to know the specifics when we pray. The Lord already knows everything. All we have to do is pray for His will and it will be accomplished. 

His will is for there to be no disease or sickness. 
His will is for people to love one another and to be unified.
His will is for there to be no pain caused by one person onto another.
Unfortunately, due to sin in this world His will is pushed to the side. This morning I am praying for people to know their worth in the Lord. When they do, they will soon realize that His will is what they want for the mantra of their lives. I pray for people to realize they are "Beautiful" in His eyes. I pray they will know they are treasured...sacred...and His just as this songs says...

You're beautiful 
You are made for so much more than all of this 
You're beautiful 
You are treasured, You are sacred, You are His 
You're beautiful 
You're beautiful
You are made for so much more than all of this 
You're beautiful 
You're beautiful 
You are treasured, You are sacred, You are His


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder this morning that I am beautiful...treasured...sacred...and Yours! You are so awesome! Today is Monday which are not always the easiest in normal times. (There's that word again...'norma'!...whatever that means!) I pray for Your strength for therapy. I pray for mental strength when I come home to be able to complete my school work. I pray for Your emotional strength as I go throughout this day. I need my emotional tank filled up to overflowing. I don't like feeling like I am feeling. I know You are there and I pray for You to overtake my emotional body. I pray for You to fill me up to overflowing. Oh Jesus, how I need that more than ever today. More of You and less of me. Lord, I know this song this morning was to encourage me and for that I am grateful. This just goes to show that You know what I need before I even voice it. I hope the teens remember that from class yesterday. I pray they will be praying this week and listening for Your voice. Thank You Jesus for being My Encourager! Amen.


No comments: