Saturday, June 27, 2015

Romans 8:11; Ephesians 5:13-14 - "No Man Is An Island"

No one has to live their life feeling as they don't belong. The Lord created us to be together. He created us to support and encourage one another. He created us to be family. I am grateful for the family I have of believers all over that love on me in 'good' days and 'bad' days. Most of all I am grateful for the Lord who directs me to love on others. These last six weeks have been tough but the support of others have enabled me to feel so blessed. I like the words of Romans 8:11...

"If the Spirit of the One who resurrected Jesus from the dead lives inside of you, then you can be sure that He who raised Him will cast the light of life into your mortal bodies through the life-giving power of the Spirit residing in you."

When His Spirit resides in us, we have Him to share with others. Sometimes we can share with them during joyous times. Other times it is tough times we share Him with them. But the one thing that keeps coming back to me is that there are a lot of hurting people in this world who need to feel loved. Many just need to feel like they are a part of a family or group. 5AM..."No man is an island"... was in my head...
6AM..."No man is an island"... was in my head.
Finally when I got up at 7:19AM I knew the Lord had something for me to gain from this song. As I was reading about the background of it this made me stop and think.

The whole album is about going from 'islands of isolation to cathedrals of communion.' The theme of the album is that we are not meant to do this life alone. (Kevin Davis)

God did not create us to be alone. Many people will isolate themselves because they are ashamed of what they are going through or they don't think anyone will understand. But people who have the Holy Spirit indwelling in them will love on them in a way like no other if they will only allow it. God does not want anyone to feel alone. He doesn't want people to feel the pain of isolation. As one who follows what the Lord directs of me, I often ask Him how I can make a difference in someone's life. Many times His answer is to be Him to others with no specific direction. Then I have to think about what that would look like. It's me loving on people, even ones who reject that love. It's me sharing the blessings the Lord has given me with people who don't have. It's me leading them to Jesus so their life will be different. It's Jesus oozing out of me...plain and simple. That could be in person or over the internet. It could be in a store, a restaurant, at the park...anywhere I am He is with me. In the story about the song it says we are the 'cathedrals of communion' when the Holy Spirit indwells in us. Woo hoo! I like that! I like to think about being a sacred place no matter where I go.

Through trouble, rain, or fire
Let's reach out to something higher
Ain't no life outside each other
We are not alone
Through trouble, rain, or fire
Let's reach out to something higher
Eyes open to one another
We are not alone


Dear Jesus,
You are so awesome in the way You encourage me! Woo hoo! I praise You for Your Holy Spirit indwelling in me that enables me to be that sacred place wherever I go. Lord, I pray for open doors with ones who I have been trying to love on that are shutting me out. I pray for You to ooze out of me in order for them to see You in me. Lord, I pray against the enemy's lies that tell them they are worthless or not worthy of being loved. Heal the wounds from their past and enable them to see You in their future. Father, thank You for the phone call I received yesterday that I had been so desiring. Even though it was brief and the conversation wasn't what I desired I praise You for the call itself that made me feel loved. Lord, more of You and less of me is the desire of my heart. Use me as a beacon of light in a dark world. Lord, I want to live out Ephesians 5:13-14...When the light shines, it exposes even the dark and shadowy things and turns them into pure reflections of light. Use me to bring light where darkness is living. Thank You for being The One To Indwell In Me. Amen.



No comments: