Sunday, May 31, 2015

Matthew 19:26 - "What A Savior"

The Lord woke me up in the middle of the night singing Laura Story's "What A Savior" and again when I woke this morning. He also put an urgency in my heart to pray for one who is finding solace in alcohol instead of Jesus as they deal with anxiety. Their family is being effected tremendously and are drained by all that continues to go on and on. The chorus to this song speaks volumes...

Jesus You are stronger 
More than any other 
Hallelujah what a savior 
Jesus You are higher 
My soul´s deepest desire 
Hallelujah You are savior 

Yes! He is stronger than anxiety! He is stronger than loneliness! He is stronger than cancer! He is stronger than anything life throws are way. The key is to accept Him and allow Him to work in and through us. Addiction is not an easy thing to overcome but Jesus tells us in Matthew 19:26, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." In this particular scripture He was in a conversation with His disciples about who would be able to get to heaven. He pointed out to them that nothing is impossible with God. That is something we all need to remember. The addiction we face each and every day whether it be ours or a loved one's...the health issues we are dealing with...the broken relationships...the death or impending death of a loved one...NOTHING is impossible when we give it to the Lord. 

This morning I was thinking about the book I am reading "All In" by Mark Batterson. He tells us in order to live the life the Lord wants of us we first must surrender 'our Isaac'. Sometimes 'our Isaac' is whatever we find our identity or security in. We must get to the point of having our identity/security in the cross of Jesus. We have to lay it on the altar in order to have the faith He desires of us. It is not always a 'bad' thing that can be 'our Isaac' because we, as believers, are given gifts to be used for His glory that can be 'our Isaac' when we allow them to be greater than Him. We cannot rely on the gifts He gives us to shape us but rather need to realize that we must rely on Him to shape us through the use of those gifts. I have seen people who He gifts with a beautiful voice and they use it for His glory only to get caught up in the 'me' part of it. The enemy finds a foothold and plays havoc in their lives. That is so sad because then people see the humanness of a believer get in the way of the spiritual aspect of their life. In this book it asks a few questions on this subject:

What are your greatest God-given gifts?
What are your most significant God-ordained opportunities?
What God-sized dreams has the Holy Spirit conceived in your spirit?
That's your Isaac.

Once again, I go back to this song from this morning and I pray the one who is dealing with anxiety and turned to alcohol would get to the place of being able to sing...

You are the shepherd king 
You lead us by still waters 
Hallelujah You are savior 

You are my only hope 
Your kindness is my friend 
In Your presence You restore us 

Dear Jesus, 
I pray for this one's soul. I pray someone will say or do something to bring them into relationship with You before it's too late. I pray for their family to draw strength from You each and every day. I pray for protection over them. I pray for Your love to encompass them in such a way that there is no doubt You are there with them. Lord, I also pray for those who are going through some tough days with their health or the health of their loved one. I pray You will be so real to them today as they sit at the hospital or nursing home. Put someone before them that will say something to draw them to You. Father, may You bring to my mind anything that is an Isaac in my life. Lord, thank You for the opportunity to be You to others yesterday. Thank You for my husband who loves me so much to grant me the desire of my heart to go to be with families. Thank You for Pam who brought Momma to see me. Thank You for the time of fellowship with my church family. Oh my do You ever bless me in abundance and for that I am so grateful. Fill me to overflowing so people will see You in me. Thank You Jesus for being My Savior! Amen.


No comments: