Sunday, June 28, 2015

Psalm 95 - "The More I Seek You"

My first thought when I woke up this morning was, "It's Sunday! Woo hoo!" I have a love/hate relationships with Sundays. I love being with my church family as a corporate body of believers worshiping the Lord! I love hearing the instruments and voices as we praise and worship. I think of the lyrics..."Your presence is heaven to me"...YES! I live in His presence 24/7 on a personal level but when I gather with my church family His presence is so great at times. That makes me think of another part to that song..."Jesus You're the cup that won't run dry"...YES! Kari Jobe sings a song that says exactly what it takes to live in His presence. We must seek Him in order to find Him...

The more I seek you,
The more I find you
The more I find you, the more I love you

I wanna sit at your feet
Drink from the cup in your hand.
Lay back against you and breath, feel your heart beat
This love is so deep, it's more than I can stand.
I melt in your peace, it's overwhelming

Oh YES! Sitting at His feet is exactly where I want to live. Oh how I pray for more people to find His peace in the midst of the storms of life. How I pray for people to get to the end of themselves and allow Him to fill them to overflowing.

I shouldn't use the word 'hate' but Sundays are tough on me in 'normal' circumstances. They are very draining more on my mental/emotional body but now the physical body struggles to get through them. I don't like that. I don't like the feeling of starting the day with, "I can't do this" or even with "I don't know that I can do this." Last night when Doc asked me if I was going to survive my answer was "yes" but it was a weak "yes." I know I will get through this on His strength. I know He is with me every step of the way. I also know He will encourage me and love on me exactly how I need it.

Psalm 95

Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord;
    let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.
Let us come before him with thanksgiving
    and extol him with music and song.
For the Lord is the great God,
    the great King above all gods.
In his hand are the depths of the earth,
    and the mountain peaks belong to him.
The sea is his, for he made it,
    and his hands formed the dry land.
Come, let us bow down in worship,
    let us kneel before the Lord our Maker;
for he is our God
    and we are the people of his pasture,
    the flock under his care.
Today, if only you would hear his voice,
“Do not harden your hearts as you did at Meribah,[a]
    as you did that day at Massah[b] in the wilderness,
where your ancestors tested me;
    they tried me, though they had seen what I did.
10 For forty years I was angry with that generation;
    I said, ‘They are a people whose hearts go astray,
    and they have not known my ways.’
11 So I declared on oath in my anger,
    ‘They shall never enter my rest.’”

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for today...Sunday...the day to worship with my church family! Thank You for loving on me in some mighty big ways these last couple of days. Lord, I know I have asked before but why does it seem like I am regressing instead of progressing? I need to feel Your supernatural power to come down upon me. Father, I don't want to just 'do' this day but I want to enjoy this day! The desire of my heart is to see Your glorified in this day! Fill me to overflowing...fill my cup, Lord! I know You will keep it from running dry! More of You and less of me...that is the only way for me! Thank You Jesus for being My Filler! Amen.




No comments: