Friday, June 26, 2015

Psalm 30 - "Your Love Never Fails"

The lyrics to "Your Love Never Fails" are so true yet sometimes so easy to forget when going through tough days. How can you draw comfort from...

There may be pain in the night
But joy comes in the morning


...in the midst of a cancer diagnosis, the start of dialysis, having a child in a coma, having to deal with an alcoholic spouse who just lost their job, having a family member going through medical testing for the possibility of some harsh diseases, fighting a disease in your body that seems to be winning, seeing your spouse attacked by cancer again, having to have an increase in infusions for a disease?

The only way to receive 'joy' which in turn will give peace is to seek more of the Lord's strength. We must remember He loves us and is always here for us. Some may ask "Why am I going through this?" It is OK to ask as long as we are in relationship to where we can hear His answer. He may not give us answers right away but He will comfort and encouragement us through each and every day.

The Lord woke me up throughout the night to pray for some people who are hurting so deeply. I feel helpless yet I know when I am obedient in praying He will strengthen not only them but also myself. I was sharing with one last night that in order to have His joy we must practice thinking of...
Jesus first
Others second
Yourself last
He is the key to having joy. When we have Him in our heart and live a life of obedience in surrender to Him, we will experience His joy no matter what happens in life. We also will have hope in the promise that His love is always with us. We must remember...
Hang
On
Pain
Ends

As I was thinking about Psalm 30 I was reminded the Lord heals in different ways. Sometimes He heals miraculously. Sometimes He heals through doctors and medicine. Sometimes He heals through death. 


When healing comes through death and they are a believer, we should be joyful in knowing they are no longer dealing with the suffering on this earth. Instead they have been given a new body that will never have disease. Yes, it is hard to lose someone but when we think about it we are being selfish in wanting them to stay here in the pain they are in. I know a lot of people would disagree with me with this way of thinking but death on this earth is birth in heaven. That is exciting! (Of course, the one who dies must be in relationship with the Lord in order to have new birth.)

There may be pain in the night
But joy comes in the morning


These words take on a whole new meaning when we stop and think about them. The night could be the darkness of this world. The morning could be a physical healing on this earth or a new body in heaven. No matter what, God heals.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for giving me opportunities to pray throughout the night for so many hurting people who are going through some very tough days. Lord, draw them closer to You. Father, I pray for them to have Your joy and Your peace. I know that is hard for some to understand but as I was talking with one last night she gets it and for that I am grateful. Lord, as I was praying in the night You reminded me to pray for myself. I don't do that very often because I feel guilty praying for something as trivial as MS when people are dying from cancer. Yet You reminded me that my MS is why I am where I am today. My testimony is only complete because of the MS. Thank You Jesus! Lord, I come before You asking You for strength in my physical body, my emotional body, my mental body and more of You in my spiritual body. Lord, You know the desires of my heart are to be You to others. As I go to therapy this morning I pray for You to ooze out of me. May people see You in me in such a mighty way. Lord, I need a healing in my emotional body so very badly. It's kind of funny but I can handle the physical things so much better than the hurt I am dealing with. Maybe that's the problem....I am not dealing with it in the right manner. Father, open my eyes to how I can deal with it better. Thank You Jesus for being My Healer. Amen.


No comments: