Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Psalm 23:6 - "Jesus Bring The Rain"

The Lord knew what I needed this morning so He woke me to a song Mercy Me sings called "Bring The Rain" which encouraged me in abundance! The lyrics are...

I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise You with all that I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You
Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray...


Yesterday was right up there with being the worst day yet I have dealt with in this MS flair-up as far as my physical body goes. The 'hippy-hippy shakes' were annoying along with the legs just not wanting to cooperate. It seems like I regressed instead of progressed. That can be discouraging but the Lord encouraged me throughout the day through different people. He is definitely what gets me through. The most important aspect of any day, whether I am moving or not moving, is found in the words to this song...


Whether we are going through good days or bad days we need to remember to praise the Lord. He will provide in both good and bad. He will give us exactly what we need to get through each and every day but oh my how we need to remember to praise Him through everything. There are so many people in my little world going through some major things in life. I pray they will be at the point in their relationship with the Lord where they will praise Him through the storm. It takes a life of commitment to Him to be in such a relationship. We must get rid of self and not allow the enemy to put thoughts in our head that aren't true. Many times the enemy wants us to think the Lord has left us or is punishing us for something. The thing we must remember is found in the twenty-third Psalm...


I truly believe His favor is with me through dealing with MS. His favor gives me mental, emotion, physical and spiritual strength to get through the tough days. His favor empowers me to reach out to others even though I am stuck here at home. His favor encourages me whether I am out and about or at home. His favor. I love those two words. What a blessing to have His favor! I know I receive His favor because I live out His will each and every moment of my days. Oh how I pray for more people to receive His favor. I truly believe the time is coming for the Lord to return. If people aren't in the right relationship with Him, they won't be spending eternity with Him. That is a sad thing to think about. We all need to be ready for His return. The more I go through these tough days I tend to pray selfishly with, "Lord please come back. I know I will have a new body in heaven and I am so ready for it." But that is such a selfish prayer. Yes, I am ready for His return but there are so many who are not. I need to get busy sharing Him with others. I need to seek out those not in right relationship with Him to share Him. People need Him in a great way...we all do. He is what gets me through the days of the unknown with my MS. He is the One to answer my prayers for His will to be done. 

As I was singing this song this morning I thought about this saying...


I can't physically dance in the rain right now but I can spiritually dance in it. As I seek His will I know He will guide me. When I think about the word 'dance', I think of movement to music. In the dictionary it gives the definition of dance as:

  • 1. To move rhythmically usually to music, using prescribed or improvised steps and gestures. 
  • 2. To perform a specialized set of movements to communicate chiefly with other members of the same species. 
Rhythmically..."recurring with measured regularity"...yep, that describes my relationship with the Lord!  Specialized set of movements...yep, the Lord guides me in sharing Him with others! Praise the Lord for this word picture today for me as I dance in the rain of this flair-up! Once again, I praise His Holy Name for His favor!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all of the ways You encourage me...through people, through songs, through scripture...woo hoo! Thank You for Your Favor upon my life. Lord, today is a new day. I was so hoping my physical body would be better today. I don't understand why things are going the way they are but Father I pray for Your Will. I pray for Your Will to be done for the MRI's to be approved by the insurance company. I pray for whatever You want to happen today to be exactly what happens in my life. I pray for more of You and less of me so I can be You to others. Lord, I am so excited for the seed You gave me to plant yesterday in one's life. I pray for it to be nourished into a life for You. Use me to make a difference in their life. Father, I also pray people will see my faith in You and how You are enabling me to dance in the rain and want the same peace I have. I pray more people will get to the point in life where they can sing these words...


Thank You Jesus for being My Dance Partner In Life. Amen.


No comments: