Sunday, June 14, 2015

Psalm 51 - "Drops In The Ocean"


The Lord woke me up early to pray for our church family. As I prayed He told me to get up and read Psalm 51. Then He brought a song Hawk Nelson sings to my heart, "Drops In The Ocean" and I wondered how it would all fit together. I love how He works!

If you wanna know how far my love can go
Just how deep
Just how wide
If you wanna see how much you mean to me
Look at my hands
Look at my side
If you could count the times I'd say you are forgiven
It's more than the drops in the ocean


God loves us more than we can ever imagine. He loves us "as you are not as you ought to be"...He just loves us. Plain and simple. We do not have to pretend with Him or try to be someone we aren't. All we have to do is allow Him into our hearts and give Him free reign of our lives. When we sin, we must confess that sin to Him. It's not that He doesn't already know it but because we need to. Once we do then we need to allow Him to cleanse us. I love the words of Psalm 51:2...


Yes! Once He cleanses us then we are renewed and ready to live a life for Him. It is then that He will be there to encourage us in our daily walk. He will love on us in such a way that there will be times we are overwhelmed. When we come to Him, it does not mean life will be perfect but it does mean He will enable us to get through whatever happens.



This morning I am praying for some people who need to get to the point in life where they surrender to Him. Some need to surrender for salvation. Others need to surrender for sanctification. Most importantly 'self' needs to die so the Lord can live in and through all of us. The words in this song say it all. "I'm not against you...I am for you" Woo hoo! We do not have to do anything on our own. That is exciting to me! That encourages me in a great way! No matter if we are going through a physical issues, death of a loved one, financial issues, relationship issues...whatever it is we are going through...He is for us!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this scripture and song this morning. Lord, I pray for a cleansing not only in my own spirit but in many others. I pray for Your empowerment to come down upon us in a way today that there is no doubt in minds as to what You desire of us. Cleanse us all...fill us all...use us all! Father, fill me to overflowing with more of You and less of me so I can be exactly what You desire of me. Lord, be with those who are contemplating going to church today, no matter what church it is. May the prompting of the Holy Spirit be so great for them they will go and hear what You desire for them to hear. Lord, use the pastors in the pulpits today to speak words of life. Use them to be vessels of healing to many who are hurting. Thank You Jesus for being My Cleanser! Amen.


No comments: